Hair Treatments Split Ends—Split Ends No More without Huge Spending!
First of all, what are split ends? Split ends (Trichoptlosis) is a condition wherein one strand of hair rips into two at the tip. Split ends occur when the hair cuticle becomes worn down. This is the most common problem regarding hair for women. This condition is very common in brittle and dry hair. In order to understand it better, it is important to know the different causes of split ends before moving onto hair treatments split ends.
Causes of Split Ends
- Too much exposure to heat. This is when the hair is subjected to heat from styling tools such as hair dryers, heated combs, flat irons and hot curlers.
- Excessive exposure to chemicals. Chemical treatments such as hair color, relaxers and perms can damage the hair and remove natural oils resulting to dry and brittle hair which is prone to split ends.
- Environmental damage. The weather can affect the hair considerable by making it dry and brittle making it prone to split ends.
- Lack of hair care. Regular use of conditioners, using the right type of shampoo for your specific hair type and proper brushing are only some of the important ways of taking care of your hair.
- Using inferior hair care products and styling tools. Use only good-quality products and tools in order to minimize hair damage.
Effective Hair Treatments Split Ends.
First of all, there is really no treatment for split ends. The only thing you can do is to prevent split ends. This is very important especially to people who are prone to having split ends. The first step is to determine the exact cause of the problem.
The main cause of split ends is dry or brittle hair. This is why the best among the hair treatments split ends is to use a conditioner in order to avoid having dry and brittle hair. If the dryness is due to any of the causes stated above, just avoid these causes and you will most likely get rid of this annoying problem. Remember that there is nothing that can treat split ends so trim it as soon as possible in order to prevent further splitting.
Special shampoos designed particularly for split ends are available. This is one of the best treatments split ends available. Remember to use only high-quality hair products and styling tools because poor-quality products and tools can cause split ends. The last tip is to be very gentle with your hair and not use too many hair products because these can cause dryness.