Harmful ingredients in Most Anti Aging Eye Creams
The Safety of Anti-Aging Eye Creams
There are hundreds or even thousands of anti-aging eye creams being sold in the market. The biggest issue isn’t really whether these products are effective but whether they are safe to use. The safety of anti-aging eye creams is such an important issue because the eyes are concerned. Everyone knows that the eyes are delicate and even a minor irritation can lead to complications that can the loss of eyesight. However, with some caution, you can ensure that the anti-aging eye cream you purchase is not just effective but also safe. Here are some tips to help you.
Watch Out for Harmful Ingredients
Each anti-aging eye cream has a unique blend of ingredients. It is your job to look at each ingredient of the products you’re considering. After all, this is your eyesight concerned. Watch out for fragrances that can cause irritation. These ingredients are usually made from harsh chemicals like alcohol, phthalates and the like. Once these chemicals are absorbed by the body, all harmful reactions usually occur. You may be surprised since most of these chemicals are actually banned in certain countries because of their harmful nature.
Most skin care products in the past usually contained mineral oil or other viscous oils. The problem with these ingredients is its thickness that can cause clogging up of skin pores. This can also lead to infection and other skin problems that may affect eyesight when applied around the eye area.
Exercise Extreme Caution
Although the safety of anti-aging eye creams have considerably improved compared to the past, extreme caution should still be exercised. There are still many low-quality products today that can be harmful to the skin or eyes. This is why you need to do some research on the safety of each product you’re considering. A little online search can help you determine the negative aspects of product. You can also check out forums and discussion boards to help you determine the best anti-aging eye creams on the market. Don’t let very low prices and unrealistic claims fool you. You might end up spending a lot more when the product you purchase causes one or more side effects.
The safety of anti-aging eye creams has improved a lot in the past decade. This is because of the strict rules and supervision of the government. However, you also have to do your part in learning about the products you’re considering. Even a little time invested in researching can help you a lot in making sure that the product you purchase is both safe and effective.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.