Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen: Does It Really Work?
Sun, dirt, dust and stress can all impact how your skin ages. Unprotected sun exposure is often overseen by most to be dangerous to skin health. Sun is good. It truly is but, only a minimal exposure during the early hours of the morning when sun is at its most subtle shine is necessary to let Vitamin D and Calcium become activated in your body. Anything more than that, you’ll be risking not only your skin but your overall health.
About Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen
It takes a good sunscreen protection to keep your skin younger looking for longer. Give it the defense it needs to fight the cell damaging effects of unprotected UV exposure only with Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen Sheer Touch Broad Spectrum Sun Care Sunscreen Lotion. This product, which is available in SPF 15 / 30 / 50 formulations, retails for $8 for every 8 oz. bottle.
This sunscreen is non-greasy, non-comedogenic and dermatologically tested safe for use on all skin types. Its strength over most other sunscreens is that it is able to provide you with a broad spectrum UVA / UVB protection that assures you that your skin’s outer surface is protected from sunburn, while the deeper layers of skin are protected from the cell damaging and aging effects of UV radiation.
Let this product protect you for up to 80 minutes and be wrapped in its wonderful tropical scent.
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen
The first-ever Hawaiian Tropic sun care formulation was mixed, bottled and distributed straight from a residential garage in 1969 by the brand’s founder, Ron Rice. His brand grew to become one of the largest global brands in sun care which captured the interest of then Banana Boat manufacturer, Playtex Products, Inc. which bought Rice’s company in 2007. Today, Hawaiian Tropic is under Energizer Holdings following a buy out of Playtex Products, Inc.
Hawaiian Tropic today offers a robust line of sun care products that range from sunscreens to sun tanning lotions to after-sun care formulations.
How Does Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Work?
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Broad Spectrum Sun Care Sunscreen Lotion uses a complex combination of chemical and mineral sunscreens which have very different mechanisms of protecting you from the sun’s UV rays. Chemical sunscreens, which in this formulation consist of Oxybenzone and Octocrylene, absorb UV radiation and turns it into heat or breaks it down into a form that won’t cause your skin any damage. On the other hand, mineral sunscreens, like the Avobenzone included in this product, creates a physical barrier between your skin and the sun, effectively deflecting UVA and UVB rays so that these do not end up damaging your skin.
The formulation is also infused with the moisturizing and high antioxidant contents of Vitamins C and E, combined with the nourishing benefits of botanical extracts.
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Ingredients
Active Ingredients / Sunscreens: Avobenzone (2%), Octocrylene (5%), Oxybenzone (3%)
Inactive Ingredients grouped according to their functional roles in this product are:
- Solvent: Water, Caprylyl Glycol
- Moisturizers / Skin Conditioners / Emollients / Emulsifiers: Cetearyl Alcohol, Caprice Papaya (Paypaya) Fruit Extract, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Fruit Extract, Plumeria Acutifolia (Plumeria) Flower Extract, Colocasia Antiquorum Root Extract, Psidium Guajava (Guava) Fruit Extract, Passiflora Incarnate (Passionflower) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Glycol Diheptanoate, Neopentyl, Octyldodecanol, Ethylhexyl Benzoate, Butyloctyl Salicate, Phosphate
- Vitamins: Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E)
- Stabilizers / Texturizers / Additives: PEG-8 Dimethicone, Silica,VP/Eicosene Copolymer,Paraffin Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Disodium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Coco-Glucoside, Ceteth-10, Polymethlsilsesquioxane, Swodium Propoxyhydroxypropyl Thiosulfate Silica, Dicetyl Phosphate
- Preservatives: Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben
- Fragrance, Phenethyl Benzoate
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Benefits
- Offers broad spectrum UVA / UVB protection
- Infused with strong antioxidants and deeply moisturizing ingredients
- Water-resistant up to 80 minutes
- Smells great
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Drawbacks
No drawbacks noted.
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Dosage Instructions
Shake before use. Apply on all exposed areas of the skin at least 15 minutes before going out into the sun. Re-apply as often as possible.
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Precautions
For external use only. Take care not to get product in contact with your eyes.
Keep out of reach of children. Contents are poisonous when swallowed.
Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen Side Effects
- Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), which makes skin more photosensitive and therefore more prone to sun damage
- Oxybenzone, which affects body processes regulated by estrogen and is highly irritating
- Octocrylene, which is moderately toxic, highly irritating and found to bioaccumulate, which means that the body is unable to digest it and excrete it rather, it keeps piling up in the body
- Contains PEG-8 which is highly prone to contamination with carcinogenic and toxic substances
Who Can Use Hawaiian Tropic Sheer Touch Sunscreen?
Everyone can use this product with confidence. Consult your family physician before using on children under 6 months of age.
Hawaiian Tropic Sunscreen Sheer Touch Broad Spectrum Sun Care Sunscreen Lotion gives you the full spectrum of sun protection you need to keep damaging UV rays out!
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: