Home Made Eye Cream – Using Home Made Eye Cream
If you are one of the millions of people worldwide that suffer from dark circles, bags, or puffiness under or around your eyes, you have likely tried a number of different things to treat and prevent them. Many people will try getting more sleep, reducing stress, and even treating their allergies to try and get rid of dark eye circles. If you don’t want to spend money on expensive creams, you will be happy to know that making a home made eye cream is relatively easy and inexpensive! Here, we’ll go over how to create your own home made eye cream, as well as how you can use home made eye cream to give your eyes a healthier, younger appearance and remove dark eye circles.
Because many commercial products contain chemicals that can irritate or even damage the delicate tissue around the eyes, many people will steer clear of them. However, making a home made eye cream that is safe and effective is easy. Heating waxes and oils and then mixing them with ingredients that are soothing to the skin, such as aloe and chamomile, then putting them in a blender to create a smooth cream, will give you an effective home made eye cream.
Many professionals will recommend beeswax when making a home made eye cream, due to its low level of irritation to the skin. Heat the wax in a double boiler over low to medium heat until it is melted. Separately, gently heat olive oil, safflower oil or sunflower oil to roughly the same temperature as the wax. Mix these in a blender and blend for around five minutes. If you plan to add other ingredients, do so afterward and then blend for another five minutes. Keep your home made eye cream in the refrigerator to keep it from spoiling.
Other ingredients that work well in a home made eye cream include cucumber juice, due to its ability to reduce puffiness around the eyes and fight redness, as well as rose oil, which can help calm the skin and restore pallor and brightness. Only a few drops of rose oil are needed, and they should be added just before the blending process is finished. Simply apply your home made eye cream once or twice a day (morning and night is recommended) and rub it gently into the skin around your eyes, being careful to avoid your eye itself.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.