How to Select The Best Anti-Aging Cream?
Who says you need to wait for creases and fine lines to cozy up on your skin before you take wrinkles seriously and consciously make anti-wrinkle products part of your skincare habit? The best way to treat wrinkles is to treat them with respect because no matter what you do, they will show up on your face but, you’d want it to appear later, not sooner.
Recognizing that wrinkles is a part of the natural aging process is the first step in order for you to take concrete steps to try to manage how they develop and when they develop as well. If you have yet to see one fine line mark on your face, it’s never too early to include an anti-wrinkle cream in your regimen. If you have a number of them already and never really took it seriously before, it still is never too late to get down to business and tackle your wrinkles now.
Five commandments to follow when shopping for an anti-wrinkle cream
1. Know Your Skin: Get to know your skin type better. Schedule an appointment with your dermatologist to get a skin analysis done. Ask your doctor for advice on the anti-wrinkle cream that’s best for your skin. Skin care products that have undergone intensive research and formulation process offer different preparations of their anti-wrinkle products to fit different skin types.
2. Pay Attention to Thine label: Never pick up just any anti-wrinkle cream off the market shelf without browsing through its labels. Get to know more about the product. Study the ingredients incorporated in the anti-wrinkle cream.
Determine the product manufacturer, look it up, and strive to know more about its reputation most especially on R&D and product safety. Choose a product that reads hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic (does not cause acne) because these products provide sufficiently delicate formulation in ridding your skin of wrinkles.
Also, make sure that a hotline number is included in the packaging, just in case you may need to report an allergic reaction later.
3. Choose an Anti-aging Product that Contains Active Ingredients: Active ingredients like collagen, hydroquinone, co-enzyme Q10, retinoids, and hyaluronic acid help prevent and reverse signs of aging. Wrinkle creams often use these active ingredients to fuel skin cell repair and renewal, eliminate dead skin cells and catalyse the surfacing of a newer, more radiant skin.
4. Seek Products that Contain Powerful Antioxidants: Antioxidants aid in rejuvenating the skin while helping provide protection against further skin damage. Antioxidants neutralize the sun’s harmful UV rays and free radicals like environmental pollution to stop them from damaging otherwise healthy skin cells.
More and more studies support earlier assumptions that some vitamins provide more beneficial effects to skin health when applied topically. Vitamins A, C, E, and K are popular ingredients of anti-wrinkle creams.
Vitamin A helps treat sun-damaged wrinkles. In fact, studies over the years have supported the effectiveness of its derivative, Retinol, in ironing out wrinkled, aging skin. Vitamin C, particularly its derivative, L-Carnitine, wards off the harmful effects of the sun’s UV rays. Vitamin C also stimulates the faster production of collagen and in greater amounts to support skin cell renewal. Vitamin E, as you know, is great in keeping skin moist and elastic. Vitamin E, particularly its alpha tocopherol derivative, is also a great ingredient of an anti-wrinkle cream.
5. Seek Sunscreen Protection: A broad spectrum sunscreen SPF 30 must be incorporated into your daytime anti-wrinkle product. The sun is still the skin’s worst enemy. If you seek to steer your face clear of wrinkles, you want the sunlight to stay off of your face as much as possible. Applying sunscreen first before putting on your anti-wrinkle cream is good but its best incorporated in your anti-wrinkle bottle or tube.
Anti-wrinkle creams, no matter how well formulated, will not be able to erase all the signs of aging that you have acquired over the years. Although many anti-wrinkle creams will market themselves as the magic potion that will keep you young, and maybe deliver about 40 per cent of that promise, the natural aging process will always gain edge on your skin and there’s no way for you to stop that process from happening.
Still, there are many things which you do electively like smoking, excessive alcohol intake, and lack of physical activity which may be predisposing you for premature aging. Apart from finding the anti-wrinkle bottle that will work wonders on your skin, leading a healthier lifestyle now is a prerequisite to stay younger for longer.