How to Pick The Best Organic Wrinkle Cream?
Just like any other beauty product, wrinkle creams come in all sorts of concoctions, promising to erase years that have begun showing up on your face and make you look younger than your real age. And just like any other beauty product, there simply are too many choices yet too little science to back up product claims. Even organic beauty products like wrinkle creams are not that easy to find.
“Organic” has now become such a buzz word that anything from the food that we eat to products that promote skin health are now labelled as organic. Manufacturers are only beginning to invest in this growing organic-based health and wellness industry but already, too many products are making false claims about being organic. The absence of an organic-certification body and the US Food and Drug Administration’s general lack of regulation over cosmeceuticals are allowing fake organic products and incompetent manufacturing practices to proliferate
So how can you pick out a real organic wrinkle cream from a stack of wannabes?
Choosing The Best Organic Wrinkle Cream
Choosing the right (and real) organic product for your skin is important and even critical if you have hypersensitive skin. Keep the following pointers in mind when you go out shopping for the organic wrinkle cream that’s been blended perfectly for you.
- Know Your Skin Better: If you’ve never had a skin analysis done before, now is the best time to pay your dermatologist a visit. Your doctor will be in the best position to tell you what your skin is and what your skin needs. If you have hypersensitive skin, consider taking an allergy test to know what substances and chemicals may be causing you acne breakout, blotchiness, rashes, and other allergic reactions so that you can take note of these ingredients and avoid wrinkle creams that contain them.
- Do Your Research: If you want the best wrinkle product, you need to do a little snooping around to get the information you need to make an informed decision as to which organic wrinkle cream could be perfect for your skin. Check out organic wrinkle creams and list them down. Check out their manufacturers and google up users’ testimonials. You will want products made by manufacturers that have a good reputation in producing authentic organic products.
- Know Where to Shop: Extend your research to find out where it may be best to shop for truly organic beauty products. Checking out local health stores is a good place to start. Where you shop for your organic wrinkle cream is important because organic stores will usually already have filtered for its valued clients the real organic products from fake ones. If you’re looking for a wrinkle product that contains essential oils as a primary ingredient, look for a local essential oil specialist who will be qualified to give you advice on which essential oils (and at what quantities) will help best in preventing and reversing wrinkles.
- Educate Yourself About Organic Ingredients: Generally, when you want to go organic, you need to educate yourself more and more each day about what is organic and what is not. Now is a good time for you to start your organic education. Know which ingredients are organic and get to know that proper handling and processing of these organic ingredients. How organic ingredients are handled and processed are just as important as what the product is made of because these processes can change the chemical makeup and effectiveness of the organic ingredient and therefore not be able to keep its organic integrity. Look for this information in wrinkle cream labels.
Organic Ingredients Best for Wrinkles
The list of possible organic ingredients in wrinkle creams and beauty products in general can be broad and varied. Don’t be overwhelmed. You can start your product search by sticking to some of the most popularly used organic ingredients infused in beauty products below.
Natural and essential oils have been used for centuries to treat various human ailments and diseases, and keep skin youthful and glowing. The beauty of natural and essential oils is that these oils have a unique chemical structure that makes them capable of penetrating the skin easily, making them the ideal ingredient for any topical product like wrinkle creams. Another advantage of natural and essential oils over mineral oils is that, because they are easily absorbed by the skin, they do not leave a greasy feel.
The following essential oils are great ingredients to look for in a wrinkle cream:
- Hazelnut: Hazelnut oil helps increase skin moisture while also minimizing pores.
- Rose, Lavender, and Myrrh: Other than promoting soft and supple skin, these essential oils help improve skin elasticity.
- Sandalwood, Jasmine, and Rosemary: These essential oils improve the skin’s ability to lock in moisture and even help reverse wrinkles.
Some of the most popular natural oils infused in organic wrinkle creams are:
- Coconut Oil: In Southeast Asia, coconut oil is used for just about any therapeutic use including hydrating skin and moisturizing hair.
- Pure Emu Oil: Rich in essential fatty acids and Vitamin E, pure emu oil penetrates deep into the skin to help repair and restructure damaged skin cells, and aids the skin in holding moisture for longer periods of time.
- Pure Grape Seed Oil: Pure grape seed oil ultra-hydrates the skin while also minimizing pores. Regular use also helps neutralize the sun’s harmful UV rays thus, preventing skin cell damage.
- Apricot Oil: Popular for use in baby products, apricot oil is suited for hypersensitive skin. Apricot oil contains high amounts of linoleic acid, and essential fatty acid, that helps make skin spongy and capable of holding more moisture for longer.