How to Get a Romantic Makeup Look for Valentine’s Day?
Whether you are going out to enjoy a romantic dinner with your Valentine sweetheart, plan to spend the day relaxing together on the beach or park, or relax in the cozy atmosphere of your home and spend time together, it’s important to look and feel great. Your first priority should be to look your best; to look best you can go for different make-up looks, which can be romantic, sexy or sweet, depending on your personal preference and how you want your Valentine to see you.
Read on the article for some great tips and try some of the following romantic make up tips, ideas and looks for Valentine’s Day this year and enjoy a great day with your loved one.
The Right Shades
The first and foremost thing to do is select the right colors to use depending on your skin color and type.
If your skin is porcelain, use soft pastels, neutral shades on the eyes, and for the evenings, try a shade of grey that will bring out your natural eye color; try a lipstick color that is a soft apricot or brownish pink. Your cheeks should support an apricot, pale peach or soft pink hue.
If your skin is fair, use warm and cool tone muted ranges in any color, but don’t use orange or yellow. Select lipsticks that are nude or pink warm neutrals, and for the cheeks, try pink shades that vary from fuchsia to brownish pink hues.
If your skin is medium to olive, try moss green and earthy brown hues for the eyes. Select brown, berry, plum, coral or peachy pink lipstick shades and for the cheeks, soft orange hues or coral pink are the best bets.
If your skin is dark olive, use plum, peach, olive or warm gold for your eye makeup, warm and dark shades for the lips, and peachy pink and apricot blushes on the cheeks.
If your skin is a darker colour, eye makeup shades should include plum, olive, burnt orange, bronze and sapphire hues. Choose lipsticks that are deep in color like coffee, berry, coral and rose and cheek blushes should include apricot and plum shades.
The Natural Look
- It’s vital to moisturize and hydrate your skin before you start applying your makeup.
- Using a color corrector or concealer depending on your skin tone, hide any under eye circles, blemishes or spots by blending with your finger.
- Try a sheer light-reflecting liquid foundation, and dust your face with translucent powder if you have an oily T-zone.
- Use a combination of pink and sandy beige powder blush on your cheeks and softly dust a bronzer along your face’s edges and over the bridge of your nose to accentuate and contour your face or apply a small amount of powder/liquid shimmer on the cheekbones. Blend outwards and upwards to highlight them.
- You can use a matte eye shadow for the daytime, but for the evening, try some shimmery shadow in pink, lemon, peach or cream from your lash line to your brow bone.
- With an eyeliner brush, apply a very thin line of charcoal or dark brown eye liner across the lower and upper lashes and with a stiff eyeliner brush, put powdered shadow for the liner.
- Apply two coats of mascara (allow one coat to dry before applying the second) after curling the eyelashes for a sultry and seductive look.
- Last, but not least, try to avoid heavy lipstick and opt for a lip gloss that’s silky, and preferably in an apricot, clear berry, shell pink or baby pink color, and apply two coats.
The Sultry Look
- Use natural looking foundation, lipstick and blush powder to highlight your facial features.
- To accentuate your nose, cheeks, chin and forehead contour your face with a golden bronzer. This will add a natural glow to your face which your Valentine is sure to love.
- Apply dark smoky eye shadows on your eyes and highlight them with golden shimmer for the perfect sultry makeup look.
The Classic look
- Use natural looking foundation and blush powder to highlight your facial features.
- Apply black eyeliner in a thin line to provide extra definition to the eyes.
- Curl your eyelashes and apply two coats of mascara (allow one coat to dry before applying the second).
- Lastly, use a bright red shade of lipstick on your lips to complete the classic look and be prepared to mesmerise your sweetheart.
The Bottom Line
Valentine’s Day is that perfect time of the year to try something new and why not start with a new romantic makeup look and surprise your romantic counterpart. The different makeup ideas and suggestions given above will help you create that perfect romantic makeup look that will mesmerize your Valentine and leave him spellbound.