How to Get Luscious and Plump Lips this Christmas Season
With Christmas happening during the winter season, it can be challenging to look great at this dry and cold weather. The extremely cold weather can negatively affect your skin especially when you’re trying to look great in parties. One of the common problems during wintertime is chapped lips. The lips get really dry which makes the skin on the lips crack and split. If you don’t do anything about chapped lips, it can get swollen and might even bleed.
When going to Christmas parties this year, you cannot afford not to wear any lipstick. With dark red lipsticks trending this year, it will be a shame if you go to a party with bare and cracked lips.
Here are some tips to take care of your lips during the winter season:
- Drinking water helps in preventing chapped lips. Having dry and chapped lips shows that you lack water in the body. Keep yourself hydrated to make the lips plumper this Christmas. Drink at least eight glasses of water a day or more if you can.
- To make sure you won’t have chapped lips, you can apply castor oil. Castor oil helps in lubricating the lips with nutrients that can make the lips look supple. Always bring a small bottle of castor oil with you during winter so you can re-apply anytime you need to.
- Aside from castor oil, olive and coconut oil are also helpful in making the lips plump and luscious. Olive oil helps in moisturizing the lips while coconut oil helps cure chapped lips. You can apply the oil twice a day or more if necessary.
- Cucumber is a popular home remedy for puffy eyes but it can also help your lips. Simply rub the cucumber on the lips for a soothing and cooling effect.
- Honey helps in making the lips plump and luscious because it contains natural oils. It also helps the lips to regain moisture leaving the lips looking softer and smoother.
- Another natural healing agent that can help treat chapped lips is aloe Vera. When applied to the lips, it provides a protective oil layer that covers and heals the skin at the same time. Aloe Vera also provides a soothing effect on dry lips.
These natural remedies should help treat chapped lips. However, you should also be aware of what not to do if you have chapped lips. First, do not lick your lips because saliva can really dry it up faster. Using Chap stick is not a good idea too since it contains alcohol which may worsen the dryness of your lips. You should avoid using lipstick without any moisturizers.
The cold season should not hinder you from looking good. By following the natural remedies in treating chapped lips, you should be able to sport a pout that’s healthy and luscious.