How to Get Rid of Eye Bags – A Few Causes and Remedies for Under Eye Bags
You are looking for how to get rid of eye bags. If so, then you likely suffer from them yourself. What causes those bags in the first place? They can originate in many ways. Most people see them due to the body retaining too much water. When the body retains water, it shows up as swelling in different parts of the body. Some people get swollen ankles while others get enlarged eye bags. The answer to how to get rid of eye bags begins with going to the source of this problem. Water retention usually comes from eating too much salt or drinking too much alcohol. This is especially true if you do it right before you go to bed. That is how to get rid of eye bags due to water retention.
Another cause of those eye bags is sleeping in the wrong position. One answer to how to get rid of eye bags is changing position. Some people cannot sleep unless they are on their stomach. However, to answer the question how to get rid of eye bags, they need to start sleeping on their side or back. Habitually sleeping on the stomach does not allow proper fluid circulation during sleep. The position also forces the face into the pillow. When you want to know how to get rid of eye bags, changing sleeping positions will make a difference. It will prevent the fluid buildup that causes the bags in the first place.
Even if you sleep in a better position, sleeping too much or too little can cause those bags as well. Another answer to how to get rid of eye bags is to get the proper amount of sleep. The body works best with the optimum amount of sleep. If you do not sleep enough, the skin becomes pale and drawn. If you sleep too much, you often see fluid retention in the wrong places. As to how to get rid of eye bags, find out your best sleep amount and try to get it as often as possible. Sleeping properly shows how to get rid of eye bags.
If you cry a lot, you have another cause for those bags under the eyes. The excessive salty moisture causes fluid retention. To answer the question how to get rid of eye bags, you need to use cold compresses to relieve this temporary condition. Allergies cause similar problems. To answer the question how to get rid of eye bags, taking allergy meds or eye drops will help. If you have an eye infection, that is another cause of those bags. To answer the question how to get rid of eye bags, see the doctor to treat the infection.
Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.