How to Get Smooth, Irresistibly Kissable Lips by Valentine’s Day
14th February is Valentine’s Day, the most romantic day of the year. So while you are planning for a perfect day with your sweetheart do not forget the small, but important details. You have your dress ready, you have the perfect hair do, you even have the perfect gift, but your look would not be complete until you have the perfectly kissable lips. After all what good would a date at a fancy restaurant do if you can’t enjoy a kiss later?
Valentine’s Day is the day when probably everyone is expecting a kiss, and so you should be prepared. The lips tend to dry in the cold weather and therefore you need to take special care of them if you want to show off that new lip color you purchased for you valentine’s day date.
Our skin is comprised of three layers that help protect our skin against various factors like dust, heat etc. but the skin on our lips is much thinner and it does not have any sweat glands to protect it.
No matter what brand of lipstick you wear and what color you choose, lips that are dry, cracked and chapped can never look good. So we need to make sure to take the necessary measures to keep our lips from drying out.
Here Are a Few Tips That Can Come In Handy
1. Get a Lip Balm: Your lips can be really sensitive to environment. Extreme cold can leave your lips dry and chapped. A lip balm is the solution to chapped lips. It can keep your lips from drying out and cracking. Too much sun is also not good for the lips either, therefore choose a lip balm that has SPF15. A good lip balm will keep your lips soft and moist.
2. Exfoliate Your Lips: Get rid of the dead cells by exfoliating your lips with the help of a tooth brush or a damp wash-cloth on regular basis. This will leave the lips smooth and remove all the flakes that might be there.
3. Licking is Bad: While licking can seem to be the most easiest and obvious way to wet the dry lips it is actually harmful. The saliva can damage the lips even more and take away the moisture, so resist the temptation of licking your lips and use that lip balm instead.
4. Keep Them Hydrated: We know how important moisture is for the lips and in order to retain the moisture you need to keep your lips hydrated. Drink lots of water. If you have a heat on in the house then try to have a humidifier as well, because heat can really dry out the skin as well as those lips.
The above mentioned tips tell you how to keep your lips looking healthy. However, the healthy looking lips are actually the basis for the luscious and sexy look that you want to carry for your valentine. So you might be wondering how to get that irresistible look that would actually last till your dinner date ends? Well read on to find out:
- Do not forget to exfoliate your lips before getting ready for your date. Before applying the lipstick you need to define your lips with a lip liner. Choose a liner which is the same color as the lipstick and draw the outline of your lips.
- Once you have the shape, use a tint. The tint color should also match the color of your lipstick. The tint actually helps to stain your lips which keeps the color on for a longer time. Things like eating and drinking does not take off your lipstick due to the tint and your lips remain just as luscious as you intended them to be. There are many types of tints available in the market these days. Choose the one you want and give your lips the shine that you are looking for.
- Now is the time for that lipstick. Apply the lipstick with a brush. Fill in the color and remove the excess with the help of a tissue.
- Here’s a little extra tip to keep your lips looking beautiful for long. After applying the lipstick take a tissue and put them on your lips and then dust some translucent powder over the tissue. Some of the powder will penetrate through the tissue onto your lips thus sealing the color in its place.
You have your dress on, your hair is done, your makeup is done and your lips are looking beautiful as ever. Your date would not be able to resist those lips and they are bound to get kissed. So what are you waiting for? The most hot and romantic night of the year is waiting for you. Have a happy Valentine’s Day!