Hydraxil: Does Hydraxil Work?
Your skin becomes dry, rough and more prone to manifest signs of aging as you grow older. You should have been using creams that help prevent wrinkles and signs of aging as early as your 20s, and should have begun an anti-aging regimen as soon as you hit your 30s. Ideally, there are anti-aging creams that should be appropriate for the 30 and 40 something year olds and for those who are in their 50s and older — ideally.
Most skincare creams, however, are currently being marketed as a one size fits all anti-aging skincare solutions. Some work but, most don’t. So, how do you spot the product that makes fair claims? No other way but to do your own snooping.
Might Hydraxil be the anti-aging cream that works for you?
The other question is if $89 for a 30 ml jar of Hydraxil is capable of delivering real, visible anti-aging benefits to your skin.
Hydraxil is formulated with Matrixyl-synthe’6, the newest addition to the highly acclaimed Matrixyl line of anti-aging ingredients. Along with botanical ingredients, Hydraxil promises to improve the appearance of and even reverse wrinkles and fine lines, while also protecting skin from further damage.
Manufacturer information and its claims about Hydraxil
Manufacturer information is not available.
The manufacturer makes the following claims about Hydraxil:
- Increases skin moisturization by as much as 40% in just 2 days
- Increases skin moisturization by as much as 50% after one week
- Makes fine lines and wrinkles less visible by as much as 60% after four weeks of regular use
How Does Hydraxil Work?
Matrixyl synthe’6 is formulated to strengthen collagen and improve synchronization of processes happening in both the dermis and epidermis layers of the skin. By this improved synchronization, skin cell repair and renewal becomes more efficient and allows the rapid turnover of skin cells.
The formulation is also infused with the depp moisturizing benefits of pure jojoba oil and pure shea butter. Combined, these two ingredients provide skin with Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin F boost which work together to support better revitalize, hydrate and protect skin.
Hydraxil is formulated with the following active ingredients:
- MATRIXYL-synthe’6, composed of Glycerin, Water, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin and Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, is the newest addition to the Matrixyl family and succeeds Matrixyl 3000. It acts to activate skin cell repair, improve skin synthesis, and repair damages in skin matrix. Matrixyl-synthe’6 acts on six naturally occuring substances and compounds found in skin: Collagen I, III and IV, Fibronectin, Hyaluronic Acid and Laminin-5.
- Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter, both strong emollients and skin conditioning agents, rich in Vitamin A, Vitamin E and Vitamin F which helps ultra hydrate skin, making skin less prone to fine lines and wrinkles.
The full list of ingredients for Hydraxil are enumerated below.
Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Glyderin, Simmondsia Chinensis, Sucrose Stearate, C8-22 lkyl Acrylates / Methacrylic Acid Crosspolymer, Hydrozypropyl Clyclodextrin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Stearic Acid, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Behenyl Alcohol, Dimethiconol, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Butylene Glycol, Camellia Sinensis (Tea) Extract, Aspalathus Linearis (Rooibos) Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Honey Extract, Tetrapeptide-14, Sodium Benxoate, Acetyl Glucosamine, Bakuchiol, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, Acrylates C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Panthenol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caffeine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, Sodium Hyaluronate, Red 40, Blue 1.
- Product formulation includes Matrixyl-synthe’6, proven to significantly boost 6 skin components
- Deeply moisturizes skin
- Promotes improved appearance of signs of skin aging
Manufacturer information is not available, making it difficult to establish accountability for product claims.
Cleanse skin thoroughly. Tone. Apply Hydraxil on face, neck and decolléte.
Hydraxil is highly recommended to be used in combination with Vellura, which also costs around $90. However, no detailed information on Vellura or why the combination is recommended are available.
For external use only. Use only as indicated. The product is not meant to cure any illness of treat any disease. Avoid contact with your eyes.
Always perform a patch test to check as irritation and allergic reactions is always a possibility with these types of products.
Hydraxil Side Effects
Product still contains the following ingredients:
- A family of alcohols, which causes skin to dry out and cause severe skin irritation.
- Phenoxyethanol, also an alcohol but one which can cause damage to the central nervous system. No less than the US FDA has pointed out this risk.
- Butylene glycol, which has been shown to possibly cause brain damage
Who can use Hydraxil
Men and women with mature skin are the best candidates for using this product. Pregnant women and lactating mothers are strongly discouraged to use this product.
Matrixyl-synthe’6 is the only ingredient in the Hydraxil formulation that somehow still give this product a very shallow level of credibility. If you still wish to try this product, weigh your options carefully.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.