Hydroderm BodyShape Review
Hydroderm BodyShape – At A Glance
BodyShape is a cosmetic cellulite reducing body lotion manufactured by Hydroderm, LLC. The company also manufactures a number of wrinkle reducing formulas, but the credentials of the formulas’ developers are not readily available. Several of Hydroderm’s performance claims have been challenged and investigated by the Electronic Retailing Self-Regulation Program (ERSP), an arm of the Better Business Bureau. Hydroderm addressed these challenges, provided substantiation for several cited claims and altered or ceased to make other claims previously cited in their marketing materials.
As a cellulite reducing product, BodyShape relies on a patented liposomal delivery system and natural compounds to help improve the appearance of cellulite and skin tone. It is a topical treatment that is designed to be massaged into the problem areas twice a day. In addition to the massage treatments, product users are encouraged to exercise at least 30 minutes a day for at least 3-5 days per week to further aid in the toning and firming of skin.
Hydroderm BodyShape – Facts
Without the use of harsh chemicals, BodyShape employs a liposome delivery system-defined as microscopic bubbles that can carry ingredients through the skin-to release the formula’s herbal compounds including green tea extract and kukui nut oil into the body. Researchers are said to have designed the caffeine-rich herbal compound to help shrink cellulite-causing fat cells and moisturize the skin, but the marketing material candidly states that it is unclear what actually causes cellulite. The primary active ingredient identified in BodyShape is caffeine, which is present in almost all cellulite creams because it appears to drain fluid from cells, so the product’s mild claims to shrink and tone the skin’s appearance are not unsubstantiated.
Unfortunately, little solid information is given regarding what goes into the “wonders of liposome technology,” how it was developed or how it works once it’s in the body. While liposomes have been used as effective vehicles for certain drugs, vaccines and cosmetics for years because of their ability to bond with and transport compounds and their moisturizing properties, none of this is addressed in the product’s literature and some users may find the lack of explanation and vague reference to the formula’s tests for safety, purity and efficacy unacceptable.
No full list of product ingredients is offered on the manufacturer website.
Hydroderm BodyShape – Positive Features
- Free product trial is offered on official product website.
- Customer testimonials are offered on the official product website.
- The manufacturer supports the product’s claims with two randomized, double-blind, placebo controlled studies, but this is not mentioned on the official website.
- Official website offers overnight shipping.
- The manufacturer withstood the scrutiny of the electronic retailing arm of the Better Business Bureau and while some discrepancies between product claims and reality were found, many of the manufacturer’s claims were deemed substantiated.
Hydroderm BodyShape – Negative Features
- The free product trial comes with strings attached. Full details of the return and cancellation of future shipment process are not disclosed until after a credit card number is given.
- Minimal product ingredient information is given.
- The manufacturer of BodyShape has been challenged in the past for making unsubstantiated claims.
- The product costs $50.00 for a one month supply, which may be prohibitive for some consumers.
- Other than stating that it is a one month supply, there is no indication of the quantity of product provided.
Hydroderm BodyShape – Conclusion
Hydroderm BodyShape, a cosmetic formula advertised in many popular women’s magazines, claims to quickly and effectively tighten and tone skin for a firm and youthful appearance and texture. Its application appears to be as straightforward as rubbing it in to the problem areas. Liposome technology and natural nutrients are heavily hyped in the product descriptions, but are not substantiated with any facts nor is there an explanation as to why a consumer should choose this caffeine-rich moisturizer that costs $50.00 per month, over any of the hundreds of other cellulite products on the market today.
Cellulite refers to fat deposits under the surface of the skin giving it a dimpled, irregular appearance. The vast majority of women have cellulite, some estimates are as high as 90 percent. Cellulite is routinely found in the thighs, hips, buttocks, and stomach. Unfortunately, maintaining an optimal body weight, eating healthy, staying active, and even regular exercise may not be enough to combat cellulite.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective cellulite cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.