Hydroxatone: Does Hydroxatone Work?
Hydroxatone is actually a line of products that claim to be an alternative to Botox treatments. According to the website for the product, it has been ‘seen’ in such publications as USA Today, TV Guide and Newsweek, although there are no links to the actual articles (meaning they may well have just been advertisements).
The website is user-friendly and contains a standard amount of information for the product including some ‘Before and After’ customer photos, testimonials and diagrams explaining how Hydroxatone works. There is also a section about the co-developer of the line, Dr. Michael Fiorillo, a cosmetic surgeon and skin specialist. Unfortunately no FAQ section is featured and much of the site is devoted to the free trial offer and ordering information.
Although Hydroxatone was scientifically developed and shows very exact statistics regarding its performance (for example, that it decreases wrinkle depth by 33%), surprisingly no clinical trials are provided as proof.
Hydroxatone – Product Description
The Hydroxatone line is a four step program that contains two products in each step. The Cleansing step includes a microdermabrasion formula and ‘milky’ cleanser: step two, Balancing, is a toner and skin brightener: step three is ‘Rejuvenating’ and has the AM/PM Treatment and Under Eye Cream and finally the ‘Finishing’ step includes Instant Lift Pads and an Instant Wrinkle Filler.
The individual ingredients are not listed for each product although they are known to include the ‘Hydroxatone 10 Complex’, comprising of patented ingredients Matrixyl 3000, Argireline and Hyaluronic Acid. These are combined with the anti-oxidants Green Tea, Grape Seed and Pine Bark plus a U.V. ray protector, SPF 15. Details are given for how all the products work, but the overall effect is that wrinkles will be reduced, age spots diminished and collagen production boosted.
All the products are available for ordering separately or, more economically, as a complete package.
Hydroxatone – Advantage
- Hydroxatone provides complete anti-aging skin care
- The products contain patented substances
- The official website provides comprehensive product information and instructions for usage
- The products can all be purchased separately
- Hydroxatone contains no animal by-products, dyes or lanolin
- The products help increase collagen production for future wrinkle prevention
- The website includes before and after photos
- The cost of Hydroxatone is in line with similar products
Hydroxatone – Drawbacks
- The information regarding the free trial is very confusing
- There is no full ingredient list
- No clinical study results are provided
- The only positive reviews of Hydroxatone are linked to the company website
- No topical product is likely to be a viable alternative to Botox treatments
- Complaints have been filed against the Hydroxatone company regarding their billing practises
- The customer is enrolled into the auto-shipping program when ordering the free trial
Hydroxatone – The Bottom Line
Hydroxatone appears to be a solid line of products that address all aspects of aging skin. However, the details regarding the free trial are contradictory, one section stating that four of the products are included while another lists just the AM/PM cream. In addition to this, the customer is sent (and later billed for, if not returned promptly) a 2 month supply of the product but only given 30 days to try it. This seems to be the area that Hydroxatone fails in, judging by the amount of complaints to be found on independent consumer websites.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.