Illumira Review: Is This Anti-aging Eye Cream Really Worth Buying?
Illumira is an anti-aging eye cream which is presented as a way to help restore a healthy appearance to the thin skin around your eyes, which is a common signs of aging, discoloration, and other problems. Like many similar products it is available on a trial and autoship basis, where you can obtain a supply of the product for a small fee (usually around $5) and be automatically enrolled in a monthly shipment program. We could not find the exact quoted price for this automatic shipment, but a price point of around $90 per month is typical.
The full ingredients of Illumira isn’t available from either the manufacturers’ website or from third-party sources, but we did find some of the ingredients which are intended to help support healthy skin. These are as follows:
- Retinol: A derivative of Vitamin A used in many skin care products to encourage exfoliation and the development of healthy skin tissue.
- Phytoceramides: Plant-based fats which help hydrate and moisten skin, which can encourage a healthier, plumper appearance.
- Mint extract: An anti-drying and anti-inflammatory botanical extract.
Wash your face clean and dry gently, then apply a small amount of the product to the area around your eyes and, if desired, face and neck as well. Rub it in until thoroughly absorbed. Repeat twice per day.
- The product targets the skin under the eyes, which is more delicate than that of other parts of the face.
- Easy to use directions.
- Automatic shipment programs can be handy if you’re busy or in a remote area.
- A trial program is available.
- Retinol has a strong backing for its effectiveness.
- We don’t have the full list of ingredients for this product, which makes it hard to have full faith in it, especially for people with sensitivities or allergies.
- We don’t know what the actual monthly price is.
- Trial and autoship programs have a poor reputation for customer care.
- No scientific research is provided for the formulation of this product.
- While retinol can be effective, we have no idea how much retinol is included in this product; a tiny amount would not make a meaningful difference.
Illumira is an anti-aging eye product that makes bold promises and does not provide much to back them up. We have no clinical evidence for it being particularly effective, and our efforts to find the current manufacturers’ website were failures. While it does have one proven ingredient (retinol) it does not tell us how much retinol is included, which makes it a potentially pricy source for that treatment. If you’re interested in a product with retinol, or other anti-aging supplements, the marketplace has tons of options: we encourage you to shop around and find a product that suits your needs the best.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."