What is IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+?
The product is manufactured by iS Clinical Skincare which also offers a wide array of cleansers, skin treatments, moisturizers, and other skincare products.
Their products are develop and formulated in-house and were subjected to the highest standards of quality control.
iS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+, USD 40 for a 3 oz (120 ml) tube, is marketed as a broad spectrum sunscreen crème that can protect the collagen in the skin from aging and sun exposure.
If you are looking for a sunscreen that can protect your skin from the sun, please read this iS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+ review.
IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+ – Does It Really Work?
They claim to use the most advanced technology, highest grade ingredients and state-of-the-art laboratory in creating their products.
All of their products have been proven to dramatically enhance the look and health of the skin.
The company claims that iS Clinical Eclipse Sunscreen SPF 50+ can:
- Maintain and preserve the health of the skin.
- Reduce the risk of sunburn.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protect skin from the sun.
However, the ingredients list show a few irritating substances such as alcohol, Tocopheryl acetate and colorants.
What Are The Ingredients In IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50?
The active iS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+ ingredients that you can find in the sunscreen are as follows:
- 5.2% Titanium Dioxide: This product is used as a whitening, lubricating and thickening agent is most sunscreens. It also protects the skin from both UVA and UVB rays to prevent the aging and burning of the skin.
- 1.1% Zinc Oxide: This also delivers broad spectrum protection to the skin and at the same time, it aids in preventing the development of photo aging signs and skin irritation.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: This helps condition and protect the skin from the sun. However, it is a synthetic form of vitamin E and is known to irritate the skin.
- sodium benzoate: Can have a sunscreen effect, and provide UVB protection with antioxidant activity. However, it includes side effects like severe bruising, rash, feeling of tightness in chest.
How to Apply IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+
- For best results, apply iS Clinical Eclipse Sunscreen SPF 50+ liberally to face and neck and other parts of the skin that are exposed to the sun 15 minutes before sun exposure.
- Reapply the sunscreen after every 40 minutes after towel drying, sweating or swimming. If not, you can reapply it after every 2 hours.
Benefits of IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+
The sunscreen offers broad spectrum protection.
- It has a water-resistant formula.
- It leaves a matte finish on the skin upon application.
Disadvantages of IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+
- The company claims that the sunscreen can help fight off some signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines but it doesn’t have enough antioxidant content to deliver such benefits.
- The sunscreen contains alcohol.
- Its formulation is pretty basic.
- The product uses a synthetic form of vitamin E which has been associated with skin irritation.
- The price of the item is a bit high for a sunscreen.
Does IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+ Have Any Side-Effects?
Since the product has alcohol, it is most likely that you will experience skin dryness as one of its most notable iS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+ side-effects.
Final Verdict- IS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+
The iS Clinical Sunscreen SPF 50+is probably one of the least expensive products of the company.
But it also has one of the most basic formulations as compared to most of their products.
While it does a great job in hydrating the skin and protecting it from the sun, it does not contain the antioxidant content needed to diminish the wrinkles and fine lines that the company claims it can do.