iWhite Light Activated Teeth Whitening Kit
iWhite Light Activated Teeth Whitening Kit – Overview
The iWhite kit is a brand of whitening treatment that, as the name suggests, uses light to activate the ingredients. The system is designed to produce results in an average of 5 days and claims to be the ‘#1 system in Europe’.
The iWhite official website is quite impressive, featuring attractive, modern graphics, animation and numerous sections. There is a brief FAQ section and although there are no customer testimonials, the company do provide links to magazine articles that have featured the iWhite Whitening kit, including Details, Shape and OK magazines.
Although at first viewing the website seems quite informative, it actually does not provide many details about the Light Activated Teeth Whitening kit, nor do they show any clinical studies proving the product works as well as they state.
iWhite Light Activated Teeth Whitening Kit – Product Description
The iWhite company’s whitening kit consists of a tray, soft strips and an activating light. Although no detailed instructions are given it appears that the consumer places a pre-treated strip in the tray which then lights up for 20 minutes. The total treatment time for top and bottom rows of teeth would be 40 minutes and each kit contains 10 strips (enough for 5 days treatment).
No ingredient list is given on the site so it is not known what the actives ingredients are in the strips, although it is known that they contain 6% hydrogen peroxide. Unfortunately it is not explained exactly how the light works to activate the strip and why this system is superior to the other types on the market.
If purchased from the iWhite website the kit costs $39.99, although it can be bought from independent retailers (for which the company provides links to). In addition to the full kit, iWhite also offers a number of other products including a touch-up ‘maintenance stick’ and toothpaste. The consumer can purchase strip refill packets separately at a cost of $14.99 for 10 (5 treatments).
iWhite Light Activated Teeth Whitening Kit – Advantage
- The iWhite site is attractive and user-friendly
- The product is reasonably inexpensive
- The iWhite system has been featured favourably in the media
- The product is sold in independent retail stores
- iWhite does not require any mixing or preparation of ingredients
- The strips can be purchased separately
- The product is safe to use on dental work
iWhite Light Activated Teeth Whitening Kit – Drawbacks
- No clinical trials are provided on the website
- No customer testimonials are shown
- The ingredients in the product are not listed
- The product does not lighten veneers, bonding or crowns
- The website does not provide clear instructions for usage
- The tray may be inconvenient or awkward for some customers
- No guarantees or money-back offers are provided
iWhite Light Activated Teeth Whitening Kit – The Bottom Line
With no clear explanation given as to how the light actually activates the whitening strips, it is hard to say how successful this system would be. Because it uses a tray and strips, it may not be as convenient for some people to use as dissolving strips would be and is quite time-consuming, requiring 40 minutes to treat both top and bottom rows of teeth.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Tooth Whiteners formulations on the market in our opinion: