Jan Marini Age Intervention Retinol Plus Review: Does This Anti-aging Cream Really Work?
Jan Marini Retinol Plus Overview:
Jan Marini Retinol Plus, USD 79 for a 1 fl oz pump bottle, claims to be a highly concentrated trans-retinol anti-aging treatment that can dramatically transform the look and health of aging and matured skin. This Jan Marini Retinol Plus review can help you know more about this cream!
About Jan Marini Retinol Plus – Does It Really Work?
Jan Marini Skin Research is a California-based skincare company is a recognized leader in the skincare industry. The company is committed to continually expand and improve the quality of skincare products that are available in the market.
The company claims that they have formulated Jan Marini Age Intervention Retinol Plus to:
- Visibly improve the look of aging and matured skin.
- Protect the skin from free radicals.
- Boost the collagen levels in the skin.
- Smoothens fine lines and wrinkles.
- Restore the tone of the skin.
- Refine the skin texture.
Keep on reading this review because it contains more information about the product!
What Are The Ingredients In Jan Marini Retinol Plus?
Below are some of the active Jan Marini Retinol Plus ingredients:
- Chrysin: This is commonly used as a skin conditioning agent in the skincare industry. It also provides anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties to aging skin. It can scange free radicals in the ski and neutralize its effects.
- Alpha-Bisolol: This is a liquid that is extracted from chamomile oil and offers anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory and anti-irritant properties to the skin.
- All-Trans Retinol: This is the technical term for vitamin A and has been proven to have excellent anti-aging benefits to aging and blemished skin. It can diminish the look of fine lines and wrinkles, even out the skin tone, and refine the texture of the skin’s surface. It can also help in protecting the skin from environmental stressors.
Directions To Use:
For best results, apply a thin layer of Jan Marini Age Intervention Retinol Plus over your face. For the first two weeks of application, use the product only every other evening. Slowly increase the dosage to 1 to 2 times a day until your skin can already tolerate it. If irritation occurs, decrease the application frequency.
- According a 3- month study on 33 subjects, 97% noticed improvement in the luminosity, pore size, and texture of the skin.
- 93% have seen an improvement in the elasticity of the skin and the look of their fine lines and wrinkles.
- 97% experienced an improvement in the overall quality of their skin.
- The treatment lacks sun protection.
- It contains irritating ingredients.
- It is expensive.
Does Jan Marini Retinol Plus Have Any Side-effects?
According to reviews and based on the type of ingredients that the treatment has, you might experience the following Jan Marini Retinol Plus side-effects:
- Skin irritation and redness.
- Watery eyes.
Jan Marini Retinol Plus Customer Reviews:
Below are some Jan Marini Retinol Plus reviews online:
- “At the age of 65, I’ve found that a good diet and daily exercise, along with retinal products used on the skin, really help delay the aging process. Most people guess my age to be 10 to 15 years younger.
I’ve used this lotion for about three weeks every other night as recommended and it definitely seems to be helping with fine lines and wrinkles. Be careful when applying it, as it does sting if it gets close to your eyes or nasal cavity, but they tell you this ahead of time. I’ve used other retinal products and this seems to be one of the more effective ones. The price of this product is reasonable, too.” –Qmum on Amazon
- “I gave this product 3 stars because I can’t decide if I like it or not. I’ve been using it for almost three months and haven’t seen any noticeable changes. I’ve emailed the company asking about the retinol percentage level but got no response. I do not think this is a strong product, and because I can tolerate something stronger, I’m considering switching to Retin-A. I also believe this is a pricey retinol.” –Mark Coleran on Amazon
Jan Marini Retinol Plus is a fragrance-free cream lotion that contains retinol which is considered to have excellent anti-aging properties. However, the formulation has a few ingredients that may cause further irritation to blemished, dry and mature skin. The active ingredient of the formulation also increases the skin’s sun sensitivity so you would need to layer it with a product that offers sun protection to the skin.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.