June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads Overview
Mandarin Polishing Beads is sold in 4.40 ounce bottles. The product can be purchased from online retailers like, BeautyBridge.com for $42, Skin-Etc for $38 and SkinStore.com for $42. Mandarin Polishing Beads can also be purchased directly from the June Jacobs where the product runs $42. Customers with orders over $50 will receive free shipping and handling. The website does not stipulate if there is a money back guarantee for customers who are not satisfied with the product. This is disappointing and takes away from the manufacturer’s integrity.
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads : Does it Really work?
The exfoliator being reviewed is Mandarin Polishing Beads. The manufacturer of the product is June Jacobs. The company has been in the skin care industry for over thirty years and is spearheaded by the mother and daughter tandem, June and Rochelle.
The product’s manufacturer claims that their Mandarin Polishing Beads is a “Superior, pore detoxifying face and body scrub that embraces the senses in a bouquet of succulent natural aromatics of mandarin oranges. Gently sweeps away dead skin cells and follicular debris that can dull the surface of the skin. Gently polishes face and body surfaces to silky smoothness. Helps purge clogged pores of environmental toxins with a unique blend of non-abrasive spheres and botanical extracts. Mandarin Polishing Beads leaves skin ultra soft, visibly healthy and radiant.”
Mandarin Polishing Beads was developed to be used by consumers with all skin types; oily, combination, normal and dry. In addition to developing Mandarin Polishing Beads, June Jacobs also hosts a complete skincare line which includes the following types of products; cleansers, toners, scrubs, masques, moisturizers, eye serum, eye care, sunscreen.
However, the product may contain a few fragrant ingredients that may cause skin irritation.
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads – Product Description
Glycolic acid is a sugar derivative. It is a natural acid that can be found in various fruit and food. In the case of Mandarin Polishing Beads, the glycolic acid comes from the Mandarin. Mandarin Polishing Beads uses a low molecular weight glycolic that penetrates deeper in to the epidermis. Studies suggest that glycolic acid is also valuable for its ability to loosen “cellular cement”. Simply stated, “cellular cement” is the substance that attaches it’s self to the molecules forming unwanted skin conditions like acne, sun damage, and hyper pigmentation. Caution should be used with products that contain glycolic acid as it can be erosive to skin. The product is both hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic. When using an exfoliator, or peel, the use of sunscreen is highly recommended, as the skin becomes photosensitive.
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads Advantage
- Mandarin Polishing Beads includes glycolic acid, an agent used regularly in over the counter cosmetics.
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads – Drawbacks
- The product is expensive.
- Mandarin Polishing Beads does not come with a guarantee.
- The manufacturer’s website does not include enough information to educate potential consumers.
- The product contains fragrant chemicals which are highly sensitizing to the skin.
- Many users think that the product is not exfoliating enough.
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads Ingredients
The beads are formulated with the following ingredients:
- Mandarin Orange Extract: This acts as an antioxidant, antibacterial and anti-inflammatory agent. It can also maintain collagen levels in the skin because of its vitamin C content.
- Soybean Seed Extract: This contains fatty acids that can stimulate the substances in the skin that can keep it elastic and firm. Allergic reaction is characterized by itching and rash.
- Jojoba Seed Oil: This reduces water loss and helps in repairing the natural lipid barrier of the skin.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: This moisturizes the skin and protects it from signs of aging. However, the available form is a synthetic one which is considered to be a skin irritant.
- Allantoin: This boost the ability of the skin to retain moisture.
June Jacobs Mandarin Polishing Beads – The Bottom Line
In conclusion, the manufacturer’s decision not to provide important product specifications like the active ingredients and how they benefit the customer in combating skin conditions is disappointing. Further more the absence of a guarantee is even more damaging. It would benefit both the manufacturer and the consumer to include more information and a money back guarantee.
With that in mind, we recommend that you opt for beads that are free from sensitizing ingredients and have more positive reviews than this.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: