Kate Somerville Eye Repair Cream Review: Is This Really Effective?
Kate Somerville Eye Repair Cream, made by a skin care clinician who founded her own company, is billed as a high performance eye cream. It is intended as a way to help improve the appearance and health of the skin underneath the eyes, which is relatively thin and delicate. This product is sold in bottles containing a half-ounce each, priced at Kate Somerville’s website at $125 per bottle. We could not find a lower price at other online retailers. Kate Somerville’s website offers free returns and shipping, however, as well as samples of other products with any purchase; other retailers may have differing policies.
While the exact quantities of various ingredients were not available, Kate Somerville has provided information on the active ingredients in this product’s formula. They are as follows:
- Vitamins: Vitamins A, C and E
- Botanical extracts: Cucumber and soybean extracts are included for soothing and moisturizing purposes.
- Acetyl Hexapeptide-3: A peptide compound included to help with the appearance of skin around the eyes .
- Matrixyl 3000: A peptide compound included to reduce discolored skin and inflammation.
Gently pat a small amount of this product around the eye area twice per day (once in the AM, again in the PM). Apply it before you use moisturizer for best results.
- No known side effects.
- Contains a range of reputable ingredients.
- Generous return policy
- Some clinical research on its effectiveness is referred to
- Price is extremely high
- No thorough clinical research is cited, so it is unclear how powerful the reported improvement effect was
Kate Somerville Eye Repair Cream definitely seems like a reputable website, and their retail partnerships show that they are legitimate businesspeople. Their product also includes products with some clinical backing, and they even make reference to a study that they sponsored. However, the results of that study isn’t provided, and the price of this eye supplement is eye-poppingly high at $125 for half an ounce.
There are beauty products available for every budget range, and you may well get ten times the benefit from a product half the price – be sure to shop around thoroughly and choose a product that suits your own needs before you buy.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.