Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer Review: Does it Deliver Results?
Kate Somerville Moisturizer Description
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer hydrates the skin without increasing its oiliness. It’s sold and manufactured by Kate Somerville Skincare, LLC, which is also known for its variety of skin care products. The moisturizer is sold in containers of 1.7 fluid ounces at the cost of $65 each. Kate Somerville allows customers to auto ship at a discount if they’d prefer to, and customers can return products for up to 30 days if purchased from an authorized seller.
Kate Somerville Moisturizer Ingredients
- Red Marine Algae: Promotes elasticity and firmness. Can help skin retain moisture, enhance its ability to protect itself, and hydrates skin.
- Essential Amino Acid Derivatives: Helps decrease the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. Contains amino acids that promote skin health.
- Oil-Absorbing Spheres: Decreases the appearance of oil on the skin.
- Butylene Glycol: Preservative the resists humidity to keep products intact. Conditions skin, can be used as a solvent, and as a thinner.
- Dimethicone: An anti-inflammatory that is often used with more irritating ingredients to temper their effects. Can help fight problems dealing with contact dermatitis, and keeps skin hydrated by forming a barrier.
- Adenosine: Soothes and restores skin. Derived from yeast.
- Isocetyl Stearate: Emollient that conditions skin. Lubricates the skin and becomes a thin film when dry.
Kate Somerville Moisturizer Directions
Use twice daily (morning and evening) on clean skin. Apply a thin layer and massage until fully absorbed.
Kate Somerville Moisturizer Advantages
- Backed by a comprehensive 30-day return policy.
- Customers can receive a discount if they enroll in the auto-ship program.
- Ingredients are listed online and many of them have been proven effective in replenishing skin.
- Sold online and also available at other reputable stores.
Kate Somerville Moisturizer Disadvantages
- Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer costs $65 per container, which may be a bit high for some potential consumers.
- Amounts of ingredients are not listed.
- Some ingredient descriptions on the manufacturer’s website are vague.
- Evidence that can back the product’s claims is not provided or cited on the manufacturer’s website.
Kate Somerville Moisturizer Customer Review
I’m torn on whether to give this 3 or 4 stars… I loved the moisturizer but not too far in the pump broke and I wasn’t able to get the rest of the lotion that I had in the bottle. Disappointed because I did love this moisturizer. Probably would not buy again in fear that it would happen again.-By Amelie Hubert
Non-greasy, has not caused any pimples to form, and it is gentle on my extremely sensitive skin.-By Evangeline
Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer provides proper hydration without causing problems for oily skin. Users of the product with oily skin can rest assured that the product is safe for daily use and won’t increase oil output. Although the manufacturer claims that it is safe to use, the product has Butylene Glycol which may result to skin irritation. Given that the company offers a return policy for products purchased online or through authorized affiliates, the manufacturer does not cite studies or further evidence that this product delivers on this promise. Some customers may prefer a product that can provide such information.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Moisturizers formulations on the market in our opinion: