Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream?
Kate Somerville, also known as the skin care specialist of Hollywood celebrities, is a brand established more than 25 years ago. The founder had a personal motive for learning more about the skin and proper skin care having struggled with eczema since she was a child. Today, Kate also manages a medi-clinic that goes by the same brand, where the products are rigorously put to the test and under the scrutiny of some of the world’s most photographed celebrities.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream, US $85 for 1 fl oz., is an anti-aging cream that combines anti-aging and a deep hydration boost into one product to improve your skin’s firmness, elasticity, and outer appearance.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream- Does it really work?
This product has been formulated to deliver the following results:
- Restore your skin’s youthful appearance by harnessing the anti-aging benefits of retinol.
- Boost your skin’s moisture levels.
- Improve your skin’s elasticity.
This product pioneers the RetAsphere Smart Release Carrier System where retinol is locked in a lipid oil, then gets delivered deep into your skin where it bursts to unlock its powerful anti-aging properties.
What are the ingredients in Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream?
- Retinol: Derived from Vitamin A, remains to be the gold standard in topical wrinkle care, encourages faster and more efficient skin shedding, regeneration and turnover that fades skin flaws and imperfections as new layers surface in every cycle. This may increase skin ‘s sensitivity to the sun.
- Seaweed Extract: Heals the skin as it helps restore its ability to better capture and lock in moisture. However, this is considered inflammatory and may cause skin inflammation and breakouts.
- Hyaluronic Acid: One of the most popular ingredients in skin care today, it plumps up skin by boosting its moisture content. However, if you are allergic to hyaluronic acid, your face and throat areas will become swollen after exposure to this ingredient.
- Wild Yam Root: This has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which can restore the skin cells.
Benefits of Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream
- This product is formulated with the RetAsphere Smart Release Carrier System that wraps Vitamin A in a lipid shell to deliver the highly beneficial ingredient deep into your skin first before it bursts to release the anti-aging power of Vitamin A where it can contribute the most significant improvement to your maturing skin.
- This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, all of which are well-known to cause adverse effects to your skin and to your overall health and well-being.
- Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream reviews posted by satisfied users cite how this product has helped them blot out their fine lines and wrinkles.
Disadvantages of Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream
- There are no studies presented about the effectiveness of the retinol delivery system that this product takes pride to be the first to use.
- The details of the study reported are not presented in detail.
- The product is expensive.
- The cream may increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun so sunscreen should be used.
- It has linalool which is a sensitizing ingredient.
Does Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream have any Side Effects?
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations, allergies, and permanent damage to the skin due to several ingredients, including fragrances, triethanolamine, and butylene glycol.
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol.
- Increased risk to cancers due to PEGs and and other suspected carcinogens in the formula.
How to apply Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream must be used as part of your night time regimen. Use this daily but if sensitivity occurs, reduce the frequency to every other day. Wear sunscreen in the morning while using this product.
Final Verdict- Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-In-1 Night Cream
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream, unlike most other relatively new anti-aging creams in the market isn’t trying to sell you a new proprietary complex rather, it is making you buy into a new way of harnessing the anti-aging properties of retinol, one that won’t irritate your skin in the same way it did in the past. These claims, however, call for a more detailed, more scientific explanation.
Unfortunately, at the moment, that is not available. So, while this technology may be intriguing, you may have to settle for something more routine yet already guaranteed to work. After all, your wrinkles aren’t waiting around for anybody to tame them, so you might as well make good use of what is already proven to beat them.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: