Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Review
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Introduction
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream, US $85 for 1 fl oz., is an anti-aging cream that combines anti-aging and a deep hydration boost into one product to improve your skin’s firmness, elasticity, and outer appearance.
What Does Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Claim
This product has been formulated to deliver the following results:
- Restore your skin’s youthful appearance by harnessing the anti-aging benefits of retinol
- Boost your skin’s moisture levels
- Improve your skin’s elasticity
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
Kate Somerville, also known as the skin care specialist of Hollywood celebrities, is a brand established more than 25 years ago. The founder had a personal motive for learning more about the skin and proper skin care having struggled with eczema since she was a child. Today, Kate also manages a medi-clinic that goes by the same brand, where the products are rigorously put to the test and under the scrutiny of some of the world’s most photographed celebrities.
Working of Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream
This product pioneers the RetAsphere Smart Release Carrier System where retinol is locked in a lipid oil, then gets delivered deep into your skin where it bursts to unlock its powerful anti-aging properties.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Ingredients
- Retinol: Derived from Vitamin A, remains to be the gold standard in topical wrinkle care, encourages faster and more efficient skin shedding, regeneration and turnover that fades skin flaws and imperfections as new layers surface in every cycle. This may increase skin ‘s sensitivity to the sun.
- Seaweed Extract: Heals the skin as it helps restore its ability to better capture and lock in moisture. However, this is considered inflammatory and may cause skin inflammation and breakouts.
- Hyaluronic Acid: Captures water droplets from the surroundings which gives a feeling of good moisturization that lasts for several hours
- Wild Yam Root: This has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which can restore the skin cells.
- Lavender Oil: This has antibacterial activity which can kill acne-causing bacteria. It can also soothe and calm irritated skin.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Pros
- This product is formulated with the RetAsphere Smart Release Carrier System that wraps Vitamin A in a lipid shell to deliver the highly beneficial ingredient deep into your skin first before it bursts to release the anti-aging power of Vitamin A where it can contribute the most significant improvement to your maturing skin.
- This product does not contain parabens, sulfates, and phthalates, all of which are well-known to cause adverse effects to your skin and to your overall health and well-being.
- Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream reviews posted by satisfied users cite how this product has helped them blot out their fine lines and wrinkles.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Cons
- There are no studies presented about the effectiveness of the retinol delivery system that this product takes pride to be the first to use.
- The details of the study reported are not presented in detail.
- The product is expensive.
- The cream may increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun so sunscreen should be used.
- It has linalool which is a sensitizing ingredient.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations, allergies, and permanent damage to the skin due to several ingredients, including fragrances, triethanolamine, and butylene glycol
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk to cancers due to PEGs and and other suspected carcinogens in the formula
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream must be used as part of your night time regimen. Use this daily but if sensitivity occurs, reduce the frequency to every other day. Wear sunscreen in the morning while using this product.
Kate Somerville Retasphere 2-in-1 Night Cream, unlike most other relatively new anti-aging creams in the market isn’t trying to sell you a new proprietary complex rather, it is making you buy into a new way of harnessing the anti-aging properties of retinol, one that won’t irritate your skin in the same way it did in the past. These claims, however, call for a more detailed, more scientific explanation. Unfortunately, at the moment, that is not available. So, while this technology may be intriguing, you may have to settle for something more routine yet already guaranteed to work. After all, your wrinkles aren’t waiting around for anybody to tame them, so you might as well make good use of what is already proven to beat them.
Using a separate night cream to reduce signs of aging is a good idea as these creams tend to be heavier, richer and more effective. When used as part of a complete antiaging skin care routine, they can work on some of the most stubborn lines and wrinkles and complement the cream or lotion used during the day. However, whatever product is used, consumers should still make sure that it contains beneficial peptides, antioxidants and deeply moisturizing ingredients.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Neck Creams formulations on the market in our opinion: