Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Review
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Introduction
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream, US $85 for 15 ml, is an anti-aging cream specially formulated not to cause irritation to the delicate skin around your eyes.
What Does Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Claim
This product commits to deliver the following improvements for your aging skin:
- Significantly boost your skin’s moisture and restore ideal hydration functions
- Instantly make your eyes appear brighter and shining with youthful radiance
- Smoothen out wrinkles and fine lines around your eyes
- Enhance your skin’s elasticity and promote firmer skin structure capable of holding more volume and density without make your skin appear loose and saggy
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Manufacturer’s Detail
Established more than 25 years ago, Kate Somerville is a brand that has become synonymous to top quality skin care, one that has been preferred by Hollywood A-Listers. Kate, having had to deal with a skin condition growing up, has been passionate about learning how to better manage her skin condition. With the brand she put up, she is now sharing what she learned to everybody else, through Kate Somerville products and a medi-clinic that runs by the same brand which she manages in Los Angeles, California.
Working of Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream
This product uses a three-tiered retinol complex that delivers youthful-giving mechanisms in your skin a significant boost to speed up the rate of renewal. It then adds high levels of moisture which dramatically plumps up your skin, making visible signs of skin aging appear much less noticeable.
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Ingredients
- Retinol and Bio-Retinol: Makes your skin appear tighter, smoother and visibly younger by facilitating faster exfoliation of your skin’s top layer and encouraging faster skin cell regeneration and turnover
- Spanish Needles, Palm, Cotton and Linseed Seed Oils: Combined, this special blend of botanicals mimic the beneficial effect of retinoids to your skin, particularly in improving your skin’s firmness and elasticity, as well as in lightening dark marks and brightening your overall skin tone
- Hyaluronic Acid: Has moisture attracting properties that draws water droplets into your skin where it holds it in to keep your skin comfortably hydrated over prolonged periods of time
- Lime Pearl : Rich in natural alpha hydroxy acids, this ingredient helps clear your skin from old and damaged skin cells and, in the process, stimulates a faster skin regeneration and turnover to renew your skin sooner
- Light Diffusing Optics: Instantly brightens your skin on product contact, it also smoothens the appearance of creases around your eye area
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Pros
- This product also makes sure that you get both instant and longer lasting benefits.
- Vitamin A and its derivatives, including retinol, remain to be the most sought-after ingredients in anti-aging skin care and, in this product’s formula, you get three kinds of those.
- Easy to use, absorbs quickly, and requires little amount to be used every night.
- This product does not contain parabens, phthalates and sulfates, making it cleaner formulated.
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Cons
- The applicator tip can be problematic when using this product.
- Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream reviews posted by users cited how this product did not deliver its promises to brighten skin nor to smoothen out wrinkles.
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream Side Effects
Based on this product’s composition, the following side effects may be experienced:
- Skin irritations and allergies, due to several ingredients including retinols and retinoids
- Increased risk for neurotoxicity due to phenoxyethanol
- Increased risk for cancers due to PEGs, chemicals known to have a high affinity for 1,4 dioxane, a confirmed carcinogen
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream must only be used at night because of its Vitamin A contents, all forms of which breakdown when exposed to the heat and sunlight.
Kate Somerville + Retinol Firming Eye Cream leaves the anti-aging care of your delicate eye area to to care of retinols and retinoids almost exclusively. The bad side is that you will be missing out on other wonderful anti-aging ingredients that deliver anti-aging results, that includes peptides and high loads of antioxidants.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.