Kiehl’s Calendula Facial Wash: Does It Really Work?
After decades of bombarding consumers with skincare and beauty products that contained all sorts of unthinkable ingredients and, certainly including plastics many of which are being found out more and more to have adverse effects to the health of people and of the environment. So now, a growing number of beauty products are looking back to nature and to age old wisdom to revive traditional knowledge about what works wonders for the skin.
While many brands are struggling to catch up and are quickly hitching on to the natural bandwagon, Kiehl’s is no stranger to the power of nature to bring about real skin beauty that’s noticeable and that lasts.
About Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash, which retails for $29 for every 7.8 oz. bottle, is a daily facial cleanser that deeply cleans and refreshes skin without leaving skin dry and totally stripped of natural oils. It is made from Calendula Flower extracts which, for centuries, have been used as a food flavoring and as a quick remedy for various kinds of muscle pains, fever, cuts, skin irritations and wound healing, and even gargled to ease sore throat.
Used in this product, Calendula flower extract deeply cleanses skin, brightens skin complexion, and effectively ereases tired look by revitalizing your skin. Additional benefits of calendula flower extract includes improving the appearance of blemishes, acne marks and even facial scars.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash is specially formulated to follow through the product’s deep cleansing use with deep moisturizing ingredients. The product’s foamy texture once activated with water enhances the product’s ability to lift and eliminate dead skin cell and other skin impurities. The result you get is skin that instantly looks clean, refreshed, and blemish-free.
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash
What was first run and operated in 1894 as an apothecary (a pharmacy), serving the East Village side of New York, and which was passed down from one owner to the next for over a century, is the Kiehl’s we know today.
Kiehl’s first gained wide popularity for its Musk Oil, originally known as the “Love Oil”. It was in 1961, when Kiehl’s first began to focus on men’s skincare products which, at the time, included lightweight body lotions, facial moisturizers, wrinkle reducing creams and oil-free toners, among many other products. Kiehl’s was undoubtedly ahead of everybody else when it came to skincare, and simply dictated where the beauty industry was going to focus on next.
How Does Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Work?
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash works by harnessing the beauty powers packed on every petal of calendula flowers. When the clear, gel type formulation is activated with water and lathered on skin, the foams that form signal the start of skin rejuvenation. The foam helps lift and eliminate dead skin cells. Although the product deeply cleanses skin to flush out impurities, it does not dry out skin. It rather makes skin feel more supple to touch after washing.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Ingredients
- Cleansing agents: Aqua / Water, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Prunus Armeniaca Seed Powder / Apricot Seed Powder, Salicylic Acid, Citric acid
- Skin conditioning / moisturizing agents: Glycerin
- Foaming agent: Coco-betaine
- Stabilizers: Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Hydroxide
- Preservatives: Sodium Chloride, Phenoxyethanol, Methylisothiazolinone
- Additives: Parfum / Fragrance, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Benefits
- Product is made from a mild, soap-free formulation.
- Effectively able to lift and eliminate skin stubborn skin impurities.
- Product is free of sulfates. Sulfates are deeply penetrating ingredients which harmful substances and chemicals may use as vehicle, and cause adverse skin and health effects as a result. Therefore, specific types of sulfates, when combined with nitrosinamine, a well-known carcinogen, can be very dangerous to consumers.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Drawbacks
Product contains known skin irritants which makes the product potentially irritating for some skin types.
The fragrance content of the product may not suit other people’s preferences.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Dosage Instructions
Wet skin. Apply a drop or two of Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash. Lather up on face using circular and upward motion. Massage on skin for a minute or two. Rinse thoroughly. Best followed through with Kiehl’s moisturizer.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Precautions
For external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
The product contains several known irritants so, always use a skin patch to test your sensitivity to the product. If irritation or allergic reactions occur, immediately discontinue use.
Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash Side Effects
- Product contains Linalool, a fragrance naturally derived from essential oils, which can potentially cause irritation among those with hypersensitive reactions to this substance.
- Contains citrus extracts which may be too strong and even stingy for some skin types, and therefore, may cause allergic reactions and skin irritations.
- Sodium Hydroxide and Chlorphenesin may also cause skin irritations.
- Product contains phenoxyethanol, which may cause adverse long-term side effects.
Who Can Use Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash?
The product is formulated for people with normal to oily skin types.
The power of Kiehl’s Calendula Deep Cleansing Foaming Facial Wash to deeply cleanse and moisturize skin is backed by ages old wisdom. Calendula flower extract may have wonderful effects on skin but, some of the ingredients in the formulation simply needs upgrading. If you’re skin is not overly sensitive to potential irritants in this product, this facial wash is a good try.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion: