Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment With Avocado Review: Is It Effective?
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is a hydrating eye cream that uses avocado oil to gently and safely moisturize the delicate skin around the eyes to help reduce signs of age. The company claims the product will not migrate into the eyes.
Kiehl’s, founded in 1851 as an old-world apothecary, uses naturally derived ingredients as the base of all its formulations.
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado can be purchased from the manufacturer’s site for $48. Kiehl’s provides a 100% satisfaction money back guarantee on all items purchased directly from them.
- Shea Butter: Moisturizing plant extract
- Butylene Glycol: Conditioner
- Tridecyl Stearate: Conditioner
- Isodecyl Salicylate: Conditioner
- Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate: Surfactant
- Tridecyl Trimellitate: Conditioner
- Persea Gratissima Oil / Avocado Oil: Restorative moisturizer rich in vitamins
- Isocetyl Stearoyl Stearate: Conditioner
- Propylene Glycol: Humectant
- Dipentaerythrityl Hexacaprylate/Hexacaprate: Conditioner
- Sorbitan Sesquioleate: Emollient
- Magnesium Sulfate: Mineral
- Phenoxyethanol: Preservative
- Hydrogenated Castor Oil
- Sodium PCA: Conditioner
- Ozokerite: Binder
- Methylparaben: Preservative
- Tocopheryl Acetate: Vitamin E
- Isopropyl Palmitate: Binder
- Disodium EDTA: Chelating agent
- Copper PCA: Mineral
- Butylparaben: Preservative
- Ethylparaben: Preservative
- Propylparaben: Preservative
- Zea Mays Oil / Corn Oil
- Beta-Carotene: antioxidant found in carrots
Gently apply underneath the eye and all along the orbital bone with your fingertip. Use a patting motion. Be careful not to pull the skin.
- Hydrate under-eye area
- Smooth and soften skin
- Protects against free radical damage
- Won’t migrate into the eye
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado has an official website that is pretty informative. It describes what the product is meant to do and provides the full ingredient list. While no documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied, the product does contain proven moisturizers. However, as much as the company focuses on natural ingredients and providing safe moisture to the sensitive eye area, the formula oddly contains many preservatives.
Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado is meant to provide restorative hydration to the delicate skin under the eye. It uses avocado oil and shea butter as the key hydrators. Avocado oil, along with beta-carotene, also provides vitamins and antioxidants that protect the skin from free radical damage.
You can purchase this product directly from the manufacturer, or through major retailers like Nordstrom and Birchbox. Kiehl’s provides a money back guarantee, but it only applies to products directly purchased through the manufacturer.
There are many moisturizing eye creams available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.