Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Review:Is it effective?
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Details
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye, US $37 for 0.5 oz., is exclusively made with botanicals and essential oils to reinvigorate skin around your eyes for a fresher appearance that has been relieved of tiredness and restored of youth. Made for people aiming to see brighter eye area, this product is formulated to deliver the following results:
- Deep moisturize skin around your eyes
- Enhance smoothness, suppleness and elasticity
- Facilitate faster rejuvenation and repair mechanisms to fight wrinkles and other signs of damage
- Reinforce the skin’s protective barriers
- Improve your eye skin’s complexion for a fairer, brighter tone
This product has been formulated by Kiehl’s, a brand borne of an apothecary that has been in operation in New York since 1851, first making its mark with “Love Oil” and now serving the world with the finest that nature has to offer for the benefit of the human skin.
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Ingredients List
- Squalane: Botanically derived, this helps replenish the moisture that runs low on tired, irritated and severely dehydrated skin; closely resembling the skin’s natural lipids, it also helps rebuild your skin’s outer barriers to restore its effective protective function
- Lavender Essential Oil: Restores and revives the life and vibrance in tired-looking skin
- Evening Primrose Oil and Aloe: Restore the integrity of your skin’s surface layer so as to enhance its natural ability to keep moisture locked and better protected from evaporating from the skin surface
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Directions/Working
Use Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye by dispensing a drop or two of the product onto your fingertips, rubbing them together then dotting and spreading on skin around your eyes. Use under the thicker formulas in your evening routine.
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Advantages
- Product does not contain irritating fragrances, endocrine-disrupting parabens, and pore-clogging minerals and silicones
- Formula improves microcirculation which, in turn, enhances the health and vitality of skin cells
- Serves multifunctional skin benefits that includes giving your skin a moisture boost but also enhancing the viability of your skin’s protective layer to keep the moisture in
- Manufactured by an ages old company dedicated to providing the best of nature for your skin
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye Disadvantages:
- Product contains denatured alcohol, one of the most commonly used yet highly irritating products incorporated in beauty and personal care products which, with long-term application can cause permanent damages to your skin, including compromised sponge-like qualities and sagging
- Product contains lavender oil which several studies and reports have blamed for common and severe skin irritations
- Product contains phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin that can severely suffer your body’s overall health
Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Eye seems to have collected a long and thick lineup of all the potentially beneficial botanical ingredients that work together to restore eye health. It’s hard to believe, however, that this formula can go beyond the immediate benefits and offer longer-term positive changes that last, most especially without peptides, amino acids, retinols and other ingredients that have been proven time and again to result to wonderful improvements for your skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.