Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 Review: Is It Really Effective?
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 Description
Kielh’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30, US $47.50 for 125 ml, is a day time moisturizer infused with a broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection. More specifically, this product commits to deliver the following benefits:
- Boost your skin’s moisture levels and help maintain good and continuous hydration for as much as 24 hours
- Protect your skin from the skin cell damaging and adverse health impacts of UV exposure
- Supports the restoration of your skin’s overall health
- Brightens up your complexion and evens out your skin tone
- Rebuilds your skin’s surface layer to improve its protective barrier function
Kiehl’s has been founded in 1851 as an apothecary in New York, and today, under the L’Oreal Group of Companies, continues to be run as such, being well-known for its botanically formulated products packaged in shabby chic looking bottles.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 Ingredients
- Avobenzone (3.0%), Homosalate (7.0%), Octisalate (5.0%), Octocrylene (5.0%): Chemical sunscreen actives which, together, protect your skin from the combined damaging effects of both UVA and UVB
- Vitamin E: Deep nourishes your skin, provides antioxidant protection, and reinforces the protective barrier to keep moisture in and better protect your skin from damage and aging
- Antarcticine: A glycoprotein which, according to the manufacturer, is capable of withstanding extremely cold temperatures
- Fountain Plant: Helps keep skin continuously moisturized over prolonged periods of time
Apply Kielh’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 generously across freshly cleansed and toned skin in the morning, at least 15 minutes before you step outdoors to give its sunscreen components time to be activated. Reapply throughout the day and rinse off product well at the end of the day.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 Advantages
- This product has a lightweight texture with a highly hydrating after application feel, and is fragrance-free.
- The formula is rid of parabens, endocrine disrupting chemicals now well known to cause irregularities in hormones and in the organs that these regulate and control.
- A Kiehl’s SPF 30 moisturizer review posted by user cited the convenience this product provides, fusing in moisturizer and sunscreen in one product, and holding up well underneath day time makeup.
Kiehl’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 Disadvantages
- This product contains Triethanolamine which can cause your skin damage on-the-spot and with repeated use.
- The formula is laden with chemical sunscreen actives that have been shown to be endocrine-disrupting, causing irregularities in estrogen levels among women with the possibility of passing it on to their children during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- A critical Kiehl’s SPF 30 moisturizer review cited that other than the sunscreen actives, there is almost no other notable ingredient in this product, particularly lacking great moisturizers and antioxidants.
Kielh’s Ultra Facial Cream SPF 30 provides good sunscreen protection but not if you are trying to steer clear of endocrine disruptors. Neither will this product help you keep your skin well nourished and moisturized all the way deep down inside.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion: