Kiehl’s Wrinkle Cream Review: Does it Help in Reducing wrinkles?
Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Day Cream, US $54 for 1.7 fl. oz., is committed to renew and rejuvenate your skin. It is made with skin health enhancing ingredients that improve your skin’s elasticity and anti-aging protection.
This brand, now owned by L’Oreal, was born in the streets of New York at the turn of the 20th century, and its products has since been formulated and sold apothecary style.
Kiehl’s Wrinkle Cream Ingredients
- Copper PCA (Pyrrolidone Carboxylic Acid): One of the more modern humectant ingredients now incorporated in anti-aging products for its ability to penetrate perfectly intact skin, absorb moisture from the surroundings, and, in the process, enhance collagen production and the protective functions of antioxidants.
- Calcium PCA: Enhances repair and regeneration mechanisms down to the cellular level, aids in rebuilding and strengthening your skin’s lipid barrier to enhance protection from infection, damage and aging, and also improves antioxidant protection that promotes skin cell health.
- Adenosine: Revitalizes your skin cells by providing a new source of energy which, in turn, helps drive up production of collagen and elastin fibers at much higher volumes.
- Arginine PCA: A dual amino acid combination that has been shown to prevent glycation, which results to aging skin, while simultaneously reversing the process to correct multiple signs of skin aging.
Use Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Day Cream as part of your morning and evening skin care routine. Take a dime-sized amount, dot, and spread evenly on your face, neck and chest using a massaging motion to better incorporate product into your skin.
Kiehl’s Wrinkle Cream Advantages
- Product moisturizes without the oily, sticky feeling and without leaving the surface of your skin greasy.
- Product does not contain any irritating fragrance.
- Contains PCA grade level ingredients that have been claimed to enhance skin moisture and the anti-aging effects of this formula by enhancing collagen production and by refortifying your skin’s protective barrier.
- Manufacturer implemented clinical study shows 32 per cent improvement in skin elasticity, although details have not been shared.
Kiehl’s Wrinkle Cream Disadvantages
- Product is made with two primary ingredients, calcium and copper, which has a number of studies showing skin benefits, although there is hardly any evidence that a PCA grade will deliver these benefits when applied topically.
- Product contains polyethylene glycols (PEG), toxic chemicals that carries a high risk for contamination of 1,4 dioxane, a well-known carcinogen.
- Product contains petrolatum, an ingredient well-known to clog pores, and therefore compromises its formula’s capability to deliver its skin tightening and smoothening effects, and which also makes this product not recommended for use by people with acne-prone and problematic skin.
- Product contains highly irritating butylene glycol and phenoxyethanol, a neurotoxin.
Kiehl’s Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Day Cream may seem like the kind of product you want to have in your anti-aging regimen for appearing scientifically advanced. However, without a robust body of literature supporting its claims, it could be just another product trying to carve out its own portion of the trillion dollar worth beauty and personal care market.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.