L’Oreal Eye Defense Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is L’Oreal Eye Defense?
L’Oreal Eye Defense is an eye cream that reduces fine lines, puffiness and under-eye circles. It’s made for all skin types, which is a refreshing change, but appears to be more of a cream used to prevent aging rather than try to reverse it. The main active ingredient is enzymes which moisturise the skin but cause rash or itching on skin.
Table of Contents [Show]
L’Oreal Eye Defense Paris is a world famous brand, so high standards are naturally expected from a brand that is proven to be trusted by women. As such, the site does not necessarily need testimonials because of proven brand loyalty, but more information on the cream’s ingredients and information about clinical trials would have been helpful. The main page doesn’t give much information specific to the cream, but rather general anti-aging lifestyle tips and the recommended amount to use per application.
The product information is all on one subpage with tabs on L’Oreal’s official site, which does offer several contact us links and general information about the company, as well as options to register with the site or create a wishlist.
However, a quick glance at some online reviews state that the cream is fairly moisturizing and does help with under-eye puffiness, but is not effective on dark circles or fine lines, with one review reporting that the circles had in fact become darker.
The cream costs $13.89 for a 5oz jar from drugstore.com (L’Oreal’s partner vendor linked within the official site), which is around the same price as in stores such as Walgreens or CVS.
What are the Ingredients in L’Oreal Eye Defense?
- Water/ Aqua: It helps in retaining the moisture of the skin making it moist and soft with a glowy effect.
- Glycerin: It may help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation. It is also used to moisture on your skin.
- Sodium Hyaluronate- This is salt that is potent in boosting skin moisture level while sealing the existing moisture, thus keeping the skin dewy, tight and flexible. It also helps to smooth skin inflammations. However it may cause redness or burning on skin.
- Caffeine: This ingredient contains theophylline, which reduce the look of cellulite. There is no substantial research to back up this claim.
Benefits of L’Oreal Eye Defense
- Made for all skin types; non-greasy but may cause itching on skin.
- Brand recognition – easier to trust
- Moderate price.
Disadvantages of L’Oreal Eye Defense
- Several reviews stating that the cream is not effective on dark circles or fine lines.
- It contains alcohol.
- It contains glycerin which cause skin rash sometimes.
- It contains Sodium hyaluronate which causes redness or swelling on skin.
Final Verdict : L’Oreal Eye Defense
While it’s easy for a consumer to buy into the brand loyalty of L’Oreal as a leading cosmetics and skincare brand, it’s difficult to ascertain how much more effective this cream is compared to other, lesser-known products. Product information does little to portray the cream as anything more than a generalised moisturiser, which is unfavorable when several independent negative reviews are taken into account.It does not offer money back guarantee.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."