La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel Review: Would you recommend?
La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel Description
When you want to see a welcome miracle happen on the damaged skin around your eyes, you can rely on La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel, US$150 for 0.5 oz. Made with a proprietary complex of energy trapped in its miracle broth, this product is formulated to deliver the following functions:
- Relieve your skin from dryness
- Correct uneven skin tone
- Bring back your skin’s youthful glow
The result of years of researching and experimenting led Dr. Max Huber to the formulation of Miracle Broth, energized with sound waves, it serves as the base ingredient for all products bearing the label of Crème de la Mer now owned by Estee Lauder.
La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel Ingredients
- Illuminating Ferment: Brings back the glow in your skin
- Algae: Helps keep your skin well-hydrated as it also protects your skin from cell-damaging free radicals
- Sodium Hyaluronate: Attracts moisture to your skin, causing a moisture boost while also improving your skin’s ability to capture and lock in moisture, keeping your skin better moisturized round-the-clock
- Chlorella Vulgaris Extract: Protects the skin from damaging UV and free radicals, as it also infuses powerful antioxidants into your skin and drive up nutrition that keeps your skin well conditioned
- Niacin: Serves up a long list of benefits for your skin, that includes antioxidant protection, barrier refortification, and improvement of blood and nutrient circulation that keeps your skin glowing with health
La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel Directions
Use La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel twice daily, rubbing a small amount between your fingertips to activate the formula before dotting then spreading evenly on skin around your eyes. For best results, layer with La Mer moisturizer on top.
La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel Advantages
- Product texture is lightweight and almost like a serum
- Cream does not have any strong or irritating scent that will overpower your senses
- Product contains light reflectors that instantly brightens your eye area as soon as the product gets into contact with your skin
La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel Disadvantages
- Product contains butylene glycol, an ingredient that has been documented over the years to cause severe skin irritations on all skin types
- Product contains polyethylene glycols (PEG), toxic in themselves but even pose higher risks for your overall health and well being for being highly vulnerable to contamination with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogen
- Product contains phenoxyethanol as a preservative, highly toxic and dangerous to health of your brain and nervous system
La Mer The Illuminating Eye Gel may hold the miracle broth but, you are the one who holds the control. While powerful claims are being made, Estee Lauder is quite slow in providing proof this product indeed works. You may be taking a high priced risk for this beauty bottle.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.