La Mer The Refining Facial Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What is La Mer Refining Facial?
As per the manufacturer, Sold in a 3.4 fl. oz. packaging for $95.00, the La Mer Refining Facial gently exfoliates and purifies skin from dead skin cells and impurities, giving your skin a well-toned and glowing after-treatment effect. Used once up to twice weekly only, you can use this product to work like a mask. Get smoother, lighter and brighter overall complexion every after use.
What makes the La Mer Refining Facial extra special is the infusion of La Mer’s Miracle Broth made from sea kelp activated by light and sound energies. In addition, this facial is unlike any other because of the addition of nanoparticle-sized diamond powder and sea quartz which thoroughly but gently sloughs off dead skin cells, and because it is so small, is able to penetrate the pores to draw out dirt and grime stuck in them. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
Reinvigorate your tired skin with the microcirculation enhancing components found in every tube of La Mer Refining Facial. Led by Piezolelectric Minerals and tourmaline, this product enhances nutrient and oxygen distribution which instantly brings your skin to life.
What are the ingredients in La Mer Refining Facial?
- Fermented Organic Seamuds: Have low pH levels which helps relieve skin of irritation as it detoxifies and exfoliates skin and pores.
- Diamond Powder: Used in the formulation as an abrasion component to exfoliate skin without wounding it. However, it may cause skin irritation.
- Piezolelectric Minerals: Minerals that become energy used by cells when massaged; improves microcirculation which enlivens overall complexion.
- La Mer’s Special Miracle Broth: Made with sea kelp, this solution is deliberately infused with light and sound energies to activate beneficial substances in kelp.
- Tourmaline: improves skin elasticity and tone by significantly increasing collagen level production at faster than normal rates.
How to apply La Mer Refining Facial
For best results, the manufacturer suggests that-
- After a good cleanse, take a dime-sized amount of La Mer Refining Facial.
- Dot and spread through the skin with a gentle massaging action to activate its mineral ingredients and exfoliate your skin’s surface.
- Leave on for up to 15 minutes before rinsing with water or wiping away with oil-based solution. Follow through with Crème de la Mer serum and moisturizer.
- Use product once or twice weekly only.
Benefits of La Mer The Refining Facial
- Exfoliates and brightens skin. However, no substantial evidence is available to prove it is effective.
- Smoothens and evens out skin tone.
- Brightens overall skin complexion.
- Product is made from powerfully hydrating ingredients.
- Does not leave skin unnecessarily wounded or damaged.
Disadvantages of La Mer Refining Facial
- Contains artificial fragrances and dyes which can be highly irritating for people of any skin type.
- Uses PEGs which are toxic and which are high risk for becoming contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogen, during manufacturing.
- Contains phenoxyethanol, a toxic synthetic preservative, that can harm your nervous system.
- Some have pointed out the potential cellular toxicity of nanoparticle diamonds in this cream which can affect the normal functioning of cells.
Final verdict: La Mer Refining Facial
La Mer Refining Facial uses hydrating ingredients but also contains artificial fragrance that can be irritating to the skin. This product enhances the distribution of nutrients and oxygen which instantly brightens your skin. However, there are similar products that offer the same effects at a lower price. Also, Return policy is not mentioned in official website.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top 5 Exfoliators Products
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."