La Mer The Refining Facial Review (2018): Is it Suitable For Your Skin?
La Mer The Refining Facial PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Sold in a 3.4 fl. oz. packaging for $95.00, the La Mer Refining Facial gently exfoliates and purifies skin from dead skin cells and impurities, giving your skin a well-toned and glowing after-treatment effect. Used once up to twice weekly only, you can use this product to work like a mask. Get smoother, lighter and brighter overall complexion every after use.
What makes the La Mer Refining Facial extra special is the infusion of La Mer’s Miracle Broth made from sea kelp activated by light and sound energies. In addition, this facial is unlike any other because of the addition of nanoparticle-sized diamond powder and sea quartz which thoroughly but gently sloughs off dead skin cells, and because it is so small, is able to penetrate the pores to draw out dirt and grime stuck in them.
Reinvigorate your tired skin with the microcirculation enhancing components found in every tube of La Mer Refining Facial. Led by Piezolelectric Minerals and tourmaline, this product enhances nutrient and oxygen distribution which instantly brings your skin to life.
La Mer The Refining Facial INGREDIENTS
- Fermented Organic Seamuds: Have low pH levels which helps relieve skin of irritation as it detoxifies and exfoliates skin and pores
- Diamond Powder: Used in the formulation as an abrasion component to exfoliate skin without wounding it
- Piezolelectric Minerals: Minerals that become energy used by cells when massaged; improves microcirculation which enlivens overall complexion
- La Mer’s Special Miracle Broth: Made with sea kelp, this solution is deliberately infused with light and sound energies to activate beneficial substances in kelp
- Tourmaline: improves skin elasticity and tone by significantly increasing collagen level production at faster than normal rates
- Kaolin And Bentonite: Absorb excess oils in the skin and draws out grime from the pores leaving skin with a refined after-treatment look with a matte finish
La Mer The Refining Facial Directions to use
After a good cleanse, take a dime-sized amount of La Mer Refining Facial. Dot and spread through the skin with a gentle massaging action to activate its mineral ingredients and exfoliate your skin’s surface. Leave on for up to 15 minutes before rinsing with water or wiping away with oil-based solution. Follow through with Crème de la Mer serum and moisturizer.
Use product once or twice weekly only.
La Mer The Refining Facial ADVANTAGES
- Exfoliates and brightens skin
- Smoothens and evens out skin tone
- Brightens overall skin complexion
- Product is made from powerfully hydrating ingredients
- Does not leave skin unnecessarily wounded or damaged
La Mer The Refining Facial DISADVANTAGES
- Contains artificial fragrances and dyes which can be highly irritating for people of any skin type
- Uses PEGs which are toxic and which are high risk for becoming contaminated with 1,4 dioxane, a carcinogen, during manufacturing
- Contains phenoxyethanol, a toxic synthetic preservative, that can harm your nervous system
- Some have pointed out the potential cellular toxicity of nanoparticle diamonds in this cream which can affect the normal functioning of cells
La Mer Refining Facial uses hydrating ingredients but also contains artificial fragrance that can be irritating to the skin. This product enhances the distribution of nutrients and oxygen which instantly brightens your skin. There are similar products that offer the same effects at a lower price.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Exfoliators formulations on the market in our opinion: