La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream Review: Does This Anti Aging Cream Really Work?
La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream Overview
La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream, US $220 for a 1.7 oz. jar, is an overnight skin restorative solution that corrects visible signs of skin aging while simultaneously protecting your skin from premature signs of aging.
About La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream — Does It Really Work?
This product is brought to you by La Prairie, the Swiss skin care brand that has become famed for its Cellular Eye Cream launched in 1978. Since then, this luxury skin care brand has infused expensive ingredients like gold, platinum and caviar in its formulations, making claims regarding these components’ age defying properties. In the still growing global anti-aging skin care niche, La Prairie continues to be a major competitor.
Based on claims made by the manufacturer, this product has been formulated to deliver for you the following benefits:
- Prevent the appearance of premature signs of skin agin.
- Correct and fade the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Fill in and repair creases to significantly decrease wrinkle depth.
- Dramatically boost your skin’s moisture content.
- Help your skin cope better with daily damage, keeping these from progressing to wrinkles and other signs of aging skin.
What Are The Ingredients In La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream ?
- Peptides: Enhance your skin’s natural mechanisms for repair, rejuvenation and renewal.
- Antioxidants: Improve your skin’s protection from free radicals and other environmental stressors.
- Sunflower Seed Oil: Deeply moisturizes and soothes your skin, it also encourages faster skin healing and correction.
- Shea Butter: A preferred emollient, this ingredient calms skin irritations, delivers fatty acids that assist in repair and rejuvenation functions, and loaded with Vitamin A to help your skin better resist signs of skin aging.
- Vitamin C: Revitalizes your skin cells, it enhances your skin’s delivery of various mechanisms that encourage the restoration of youthful and healthy appearance of yyour skin.
- Panax Ginseng Root Extract: Improves skin synthesis and encourages better nutrient uptake by improving fluid drainage and micro circulation.
- Chlorella Oleate: Serves a moisturizing and protective function.
Directions To Use
Use La Prairie Anti-Aging Cream nightly after cleansing and toning.
- La Prairie Anti-Aging Cream contains highly potent ingredients well-known for their respective skin restoration properties.
- This product is easy to incorporate in your nightly regimen.
- This product is significantly more expensive than similarly formulated products.
- Many La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream user reviews stated that this cream is not worthy of the price tag.
Does La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream Have Any Side Effects?
Based on the ingredients and reviews, the following side effects may be experienced when using La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream:
- Skin irritation and allergic reactions due to several ingredients, including alcohol, fragrance ingredients and benzyl salicylate.
- Increased risk for permanent skin damage due to triethanolamine.
- Increased risk for hormonal fluctuations due to parabens.
- Increased risk for reproductive organ related dysfunctions due to EDTA.
La Prairie Anti-Aging Night Cream is a well-formulated overnight cream that contains rich amounts and variety of skin moisturizing ingredients. Considering the steep price tag, however, it just does not offer anything different to merit the price.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.