La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX Review : Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More
What Is La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX?
From La Roche-Posay, a division of L’Oreal Group, comes La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX. Silicones, Cyclomethicone and Cimethicone, and glycerin lead the skin moisturizing ingredients infused in this product. These, however, may not be sufficient for a lasting skin hydration that brings longer lasting moisture improvements to your skin.
Sold at US $33.98, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX, performs to bring temporary relief from skin dryness but are not made for lasting moisture improvements. More than anything, this product is a sunscreen with SPF 15. However there are many other well known brands in the market with similar effects and ingredients and they come in a affordable range.
As sunscreen actives are often highly irritating, it is a relief that this product has been formulated, as all products in the Anthelios line are, for maximum tolerance of the skin.
What Are The Ingredients In La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX?
Key active ingredients are:
- Exclusive Mexoryl SX (ecamsule), a UV filter with peak efficacy against short UVA rays.
- Avobenzone (2%), Octocrylene (10%): chemical sunscreen actives which, together with Mexoryl SX, provides broad spectrum sun protection.Although it may cause skin irritation.
- Silicones: It leaves skin feeling soft and silky.
- Glycerin: May help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation.
How To Apply La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX
For best results the manufacturer suggest:
- Use daily on thoroughly washed and cleansed skin.
- Apply generously after towelling dry.
- Reapply throughout the day, every two hours or after sweating heavily or engaging in water sports activities.
- Recommended for general use although extra care must be taken before using on children 6 months and under.
Benefits Of La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX
- Contains glycerin which leaves the skin with a softer,However sometime causes skin itching ans swelling.
- Contains cyclomethicone, a type of silicone that readily evaporates, makes the product glide on more smoothly when applied
- Ideal for layering with another skin product.
Disadvantages Of La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX
- contains parabens, endocrine-disrupting chemicals that mimic estrogen and alter the behavior of estrogen-regulated body processes.
- contains phenoxyethanol, a chemical used as preservative in cosmetics which has been found to be neurotoxic, most especially to children.
- Contains silicones which can leave product build up on skin.
- Does not contain antioxidants for added UV protection.
- Product serves only one purpose, and that is to provide sunscreen protection.
- Price is on the higher end.
Final Verdict: La Roche-Posay Anthelios SX
When it comes to choosing products for your skin, there are several factors that need to be considered. Other than your skin type, you must also discern for what purpose that product plays a part in your overall skin regimen.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Sunscreens formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Sunscreens
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."