La Roche-Posay Mela D Pigment Control Review: Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review & more
What is La Roche-Posay Mela D ?
Founded in 1995, La Roche-Posay is a division of one of the industry’s giants, L’Oreal Group, dedicated to creating lean but mean formulas designed for safe use on sensitive and problematic skin types.
La Roche-Posay Mela D Pigment Control, US $52.99 for 30 ml, promises to lighten your dark spots and brighten your overall complexion.
La Roche-Posay Mela D: Does it really work?
More specifically, this product is committed to deliver the following beauty benefits for your skin:
- Deliver three acids to gently exfoliate your skin and even out your skin tone
- Simultaneously inhibit melanin production while the damaged layers are being eliminated from your skin
- With regular use, this product promises to visibly fade and lighten dark spots and other hyper pigmented areas of your skin
- Long term application promotes brighter overall skin complexion
What are the ingredients in La Roche-Posay Mela D?
- Glycolic Acid: This plant-derived acid is a proven exfoliator that removes dead skin cells while encouraging the production of new, healthy cells. It also helps unclog pores and by stimulating cellular turnover, it is an effective formula for improving the skin’s texture and appearance. However, it may cause burning sensation to sensitive skin.
- Salicylic Acid: Supports skin exfoliation while also regulating oil production and skin shedding
- Thermal Dermobionique: A proprietary ingredient that provides a calming and soothing effect on irritated skin
- Kojic Acid: Derived from natural sources, it has melanin-inhibiting properties that stops melanin formation to allow skin to lighten while simultaneously brightening up your overall complexion as well.
How to Apply La Roche-Posay Mela D
- Use La Roche-Posay Mela D Pigment Control once daily, either with your morning or evening routines.
- Since this product can be sensitizing, you may have to gradually build the product into your daily routine to allow your skin to adjust to the formulation.
Benefits of La Roche-Posay Mela D
- This product has a sheer, lightweight texture that easily absorbs into your skin but overuse does leave a greasy surface blocking skin pores.
- This product is paraben-free, fragrance-free and non-comedogenic.
- Formula has been tested by dermatologists to be safe for use even on sensitive skin.
- La Roche Posay Mela D reviews are raving with satisfaction over the users experiencing lighter dark spots after just a week or two of regular product application
Disadvantages of La Roche-Posay Mela D
- This product is formulated with denatured alcohol, one of the most irritating and permanently damaging ingredients that you can ever allow to get into contact with your skin.
- This product lacks anti-inflammatories to soothe skin to soothe it from the possible irritation by the exfoliants in this formula
- Among La Roche Posay Mela D reviews is a review by a critic which pointed out that the solution may have pH level that is too high which renders the glycolic acid useless for sloughing off skin.
Final Verdict- La Roche-Posay Mela D
La Roche-Posay Mela D Pigment Control may still be able to lighten up your skin. As to whether or not it can do so effectively and safely, however, seems to be in question. It is possible that you can tentatively derive the benefits but, at the expense of your overall health. Since you won’t prefer that deal, you should keep looking.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Acne formulations on the market in our opinion: