Lash Food: Does Lash Food Work?
Lash Food – Overview
Touching down in the UK, the USA, Vietnam, Japan, and South Korea, JB Cosmetics the maker of Lash Food and other eyelash products breeds success in providing “innovative eyelash solutions”. A pioneer in eyelash extensions and glues, the five-year old Korean manufacturer has expanded its global reach and appeal with tradeshows, eyelash extension certifications and media visibility at Hollywood award shows such as the Oscars and the Emmys.
Broadening the approach to satisfying all of an eyelash client’s needs, JB Cosmetics introduced such products as LashFood to naturally lengthen eyelashes and Simple Perm to provide that desirable curve that is characteristic of glamorously long lashes. These offerings in addition to eyelash extensions and false lashes exemplify JB Cosmetics mantra, “Provide the best and the customers will come.”
In classic black, white and gold with hints of green to emphasize the natural basis of its brand, LashFood.com demonstrates its global presence by directing visitors to select the version of the site that best serves their location: the USA, UK, South Korea, Japan or Vietnam. The next page shows the media coup the brand earned in being invited to the Oscars. The main navigation bar links to the product page, testimonials, frequently asked questions, media mentions and the contact page. For the company history, the LashFood.com site provides a direct link via the JB Cosmetics logo at the bottom of the home page.
Lash Food – Product Description
Unlike other natural eyelash conditioners that promise to assist in the appearance of longer lashes, Lash Food offers conditioning and stimulating effects without the side effects of glaucoma drugs or derivatives. LashFood promises thicker, darker, stronger and longer luxurious lashes with natural ingredients. Priced in the market’s mid-range at $120, LashFood requires morning and evening applications and recommends lash improvement in as little as two weeks. In an eyeliner tube that should last five months, LashFood contains scientifically blended formula of Biotin, Arginine, and Iris flower extract for nourishing and stimulating natural eyelash and brow growth. JB Cosmetics increases its target market by also offering LashFood to long-time false lash and eyelash extension wearers who are looking to strengthen their natural lashes against the breakage and brittleness that their fake lash practices can produce.
While reviews were not plentiful, many agreed to experiencing immediate improvement in the hydration and texture of their lashes in the first few weeks. After the third week of use, many described actual eyelash growth without the irritation and possible side effects of LashFood’s competitors.
Lash Food – Advantage
- Lash Food is truly comprised of natural ingredients to support eyelash growth.
- While reviews were few, those available were supportive of LashFood’s effectiveness.
- Lash Food.com provides an ingredient list and access to the product manufacturer.
- LashFood has high media support as an alternative to their drug-based competitors.
- Lash Food promises noticeable results within two weeks of use.
Lash Food – Drawbacks
- LashFood is still on the high-end of the market’s pricing scale.
- The website provided no clinical research results and only one set of result photos.
Lash Food – The Bottom Line
With very little to support its claims, JB Cosmetics is hoping the promise of little or no irritation and the lack of drug side effects will boost consumers’ interest in Lash Food for eyelash stimulation and growth. LashFood is unique in that it is marketed as a stimulator and a conditioner with natural properties. Other products require that luscious lash seekers forgo active ingredients to avoid nasty side effects or endure them to achieve highly visible lashes in a reasonable timeframe. Alternatively, LashFood’s natural ingredients and media endorsement may be worth a trial.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."