Lashes to Die For – Overview
Born of the desire to cure his own skin’s ailments, Peter Thomas Roth, the Hungarian descendant of hotel spa owners, created his own skincare line in 1993. Roth took care to incorporate that family knowledge when developing his skincare products which are based on the healing and soothing qualities of the muds and minerals derived from Hungary’s Thermal Springs. The Peter Thomas Roth skincare collection with its rejuvenating properties consists of over 100 products including moisturizers, cleansers, and treatments including Lashes to Die For Eyelash Conditioning Treatment that address anti-aging, Acne, dehydration, and sun protection. Roth’s repertoire also includes products for hair and body care plus fragrances.
The PeterThomasRoth.com website in its high impact black color scheme, blue accents and white block-lettering exudes a strong presence without the pretense. The menu bar across the top introduces visitors to the company, its founder, the terms of service and its retail associations. The left side displays links to the company’s various product categories while the right side captions the feature product displayed in the center. The product pages provide a treasure of details and a full ingredient list. Unfortunately, minor clinical research and no result photos nor testimonials were provided.
Lashes to Die For – Product Description
At $125 per tube, the liquid eyeliner-like product with a patent-pending complex assists in the enhanced length, thickness and volume of eyelashes while providing such nutrients as aloe vera, vitamins A, C, E, and B5. The additional ingredients appear to be a derivative of prostaglandin, which is used in glaucoma drugs and is known to stimulate eyelash growth but also to irritate the eyes and change its color. However, unlike many of its competitors Peter Thomas Roth boasts of a water-based formula in its Lashes to Die For which reduces irritation. The health and look of lashes are transformed in four to eight weeks of nightly use.
While many third-party virtual reviews expressed results on varying timelines, most agreed that Peter Thomas Roth’s Lashes to Die For Eyelash Conditioning Treatment delivered long healthy lashes in less than a month’s time. The price and the temporary results were the key factors that prevented a perfect score. Due to the growth cycle of hair, the amped up lash results only last with continued use regardless of the lash product employed.
Lashes to Die For – Advantage
- Lashes to Die For is derived from a water-based formula.
- Peter Thomas Roth’s Lashes To Die For falls in the mid-price range of eyelash enhancement products.
- Peter Thomas Roth.com provides a full ingredient list for its Lashes to Die For product.
Lashes to Die For – Drawbacks
- Peter Thomas Roth.com provides very minimal research results.
- The website lists no testimonials or result photos.
- While cheaper than most, Lashes To Die For is still over $120 per tube.
- While a full ingredient list is provided, the website fails to honestly label its active ingredient and its link to controversial glaucoma drug side effects.
Lashes to Die For – The Bottom Line
Breaking from the brand standard of big bottles and reasonable prices, Peter Thomas Roth aims to compete with the big players within the cosmetic industry’s subcategory of eyelash enhancement. At $125 per tube and a list of semi-ambiguous ingredients, Lashes To Die For lacks the product foundation that would allow it to stand apart from the growing list of eyelash enhancement products on the market. However, Roth’s reputation in skincare is translating to its eyelash treatment as customer support is positive giving Lashes to Die For the added confidence boost Peter Thomas Roth’s website does not.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."