Lipocils: Does Lipocils Work?
Talika Lipocils Eyelash Conditioning Gel – Overview
Talika, a French brand of skin care, have developed their own eyelash conditioner called Lipocils which is designed to create longer, stronger and fuller lashes. Information about the product can be found on the Talika website which also showcases their other skin care and cosmetic products. The site is attractively presented and simple to use, but contains a limited amount of information.
There is a video presentation link which is actually just a commercial for the product and provides no further details, and a short section of customer testimonials which unfortunately does not contain ‘before and after’ shots. No FAQ section is shown although the main information page does provide answers to questions such as whether the product can be used by contact lens wearers.
The most useful part of the Talika website is the section that shows the results of clinical studies performed on the eyelash conditioning gel. The tests, performed over a three week period resulted in an 88% improvement in the eyelashes and ‘significant effects’ on their overall strength and condition. Safety testing also undertaken, showed the product to be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
Lipocils – Product Description
Although no full ingredient list is shown for Lipocils Eyelash Conditioning Gel, the website shows the key active ingredients used in the formula. These are a combination of plant extracts such as witch hazel, St. John’s Wort, apple extract, horse chestnut, allantoin and nettle. The horse chestnut and nettle extracts both work to increase the blood flow while the addition of soy lecithin liposomes supposedly stimulates eyelash growth.
Lipocils’ formula is a clear liquid gel that should be applied along the baseline of the lashes twice daily for the initial 28 days of use. After this time, it needs to be applied once a day to maintain results.
Lipocils – Advantage
- Talika Lipocils has undergone clinical studies
- The website is well presented
- The product is inexpensive ($40.00 per tube)
- The product is unlikely to cause skin irritation
- Lipocil should produce results within 28 days
- The product contains all natural ingredients
- The key ingredients are listed
Lipocils – Drawbacks
- The customer testimonials are very brief
- Lipocils is unlikely to increase eyelash length
- There are no independent consumer reviews for Lipocils available
- The website contains no FAQ section
- No free trail of the product is available
Lipocils – The Bottom Line
The Talika skincare company is not very well known in North America but seems to produce a range of quality beauty products. Although the clinical studies show that the Lipocils Conditioning Gel has a positive effect on the eyelashes, it is likely that it simply strengthens them so they are less brittle and thus able to reach their full growth potential.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self treatment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."