Lorac Porefection Concealer Review: Is It Effective?
Lorac Porefection Concealer is a special concealer that is oil, paraben and fragrance free so that the product can suit even the most sensitive skin types. It is infused with antioxidants that fight aging including Vitamins A, C and E. The formulation also includes natural extracts that nourish the skin and address skin issues. The concealer doesn’t just cover up skin imperfections but it also uses active ingredients to diminish these issues permanently. The formulation is for all skin types and it offers long-lasting, full coverage to achieve that flawless look everyone dreams of. One 0.5 oz. tube container is priced $24 and there are several shades to choose from.
About the Manufacturer
The concealer is from Lorac which was founded by renowned beauty expert and professional makeup artist Carol Shaw. Her clients include the most popular celebrities in Hollywood and she is well known for her work on clients who attend the Academy Awards. Lorac specializes in cosmetic products formulated especially for sensitive skin since many of Shaw’s clients regularly complained about products irritating their skin. The company is regarded as one of the top cosmetics brands today used by celebrities.
How Does It Work?
Lorac Porefection Concealer primarily works by hiding skin imperfections instantly. It covers up a range of skin issues giving the user a flawless appearance. The formulation also uses active ingredients that protect the skin from damage to slow down its aging process. It also works to nourish the skin using special natural extracts that improve the appearance and texture of the skin gradually. The product also works to condition the pores in order to improve the overall health and appearance of the skin. The formulation uses the gentlest ingredients in order to suit all skin types even the most sensitive.
About the Formulation
The product contains the following active ingredients for nourishing, protecting and conditioning the skin:
Vitamins A, C and E – these are powerful antioxidants that protect the skin from environmental and free radical damage. Thus, the powerful antioxidant blend works to protect the skin from premature aging in order to significantly delay the appearance of skin aging signs.
Natural extracts – it uses a combination of olive leaf extract, lemon fruit extract, papaya fruit extract and white peony to nourish and brighten the skin specifically the delicate area around the eyes. This combination of active ingredients also provides the skin with nutrients to keep it healthy, smooth and hydrated.
The complete list of ingredients are Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Isononyl Isononanoate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Glycerin, Benzimidazole Diamond Amidoethyl Urea Carbamoyl Propyl Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Propanediol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Quaternium-90 Bentonite, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Magnesium Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Propylene Carbonate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Glyceryl Dibehenate, Tribehenin, Glyceryl Behenate, Phenoxyethanol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Paeonia Albiflora Flower Extract, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).
Lorac Porefection Concealer Pros
- The texture of the liquid is easy to blend
- It offers light to medium coverage with a natural finish
- There are different shades available
- It is from an established cosmetics brand
- The formula offers anti-aging benefits with SPF 20
- There are many good feedbacks from users
Lorac Porefection Concealer Cons
- Lorac Perfection Concealer is not a long-wearing formula according to many users
- The packaging may compromise the active ingredients
- It is priced a little high
- It is not really 100% fragrance-free
- Some users may be sensitive to the formula since it uses synthetic sunscreen and other potential irritants
- There are some feedbacks saying they don’t like the product for various reasons
How to Use?
Apply just like a regular concealer after cleansing your face. For a step-by-step guide on applying Lorac Porefection Concealer, go to the Lorac website for the video tutorial.
Perform skin testing to check for sensitivity before extensive use. If irritation occurs, this may be an indication that you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients in the formula.
All in all, Lorac Porefection Concealer is a good product from a reputable cosmetics brand. It is a high quality formulation that also works to improve skin health and fight aging. The formulation includes soothing and nourishing natural extracts that work to improve the condition of the skin. Most users say it is an excellent concealer that helps improve the skin’s appearance and texture. The product’s price is a little high but this is a special concealer worth trying.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.