What is Lumiskin Skin Brightener
Lumiskin Skin Brightener is a proprietary ingredient from Sederma, one of the largest, most well-recognized cosmeceutical formulators in the world, that has been specifically formulated to deliver skin lightening benefits, and which primarily consists of the compound, Diacetyl Boldine (DAB).
Table of Contents [Show]
- What is Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- Lumiskin Skin BrightenerLumiskin – Does It Really Work?
- What are the Ingredients in Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- How To Apply Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- Benefits of Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- Disadvantages of Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- Does Lumiskin Skin Brightener Have Any Side Effects?
- Final Verdict : Lumiskin Skin Brightener
This proprietary skin care ingredient is formulated and manufactured by Sederma, the same company behind the Matrixyl series, multi-peptide complexes, which have been used extensively in anti-aging products of a wide array of categories.
Founded in 1964 and later, in 1997, becoming a subsidiary of the Croda International Group, Sederma “is dedicated to the development of active ingredients and in the creation of innovative concepts for cosmetics, based on the mastery of biotechnology, fine chemistry, and vegetal extraction.”
The Paris-based R&D and manufacturing company is a leading developer of a wide range of high-performance ingredients commonly infused in a wide range of hair care and skin care products. However, most of the formula of its products are not proven clinically.
Lumiskin Skin Brightener – Does It Really Work?
According to the manufacturer’s claims, this proprietary ingredient can be infused in various skincare products to deliver the following benefits:
- Regulate adrenal functions and calcium levels which also minimizes skin pigmentation.
- Indirectly inhibits the production of tyrosinase, a precursor that activates melanin, your skin’s natural pigment, to lighten your dark spots and enhance the natural radiance of your complexion.
- Helps prevent photodamage caused by UV and hyperpigmentation activities induced by other factors that can cause skin darkening.
- This proprietary ingredient may be added to various product categories, such as those listed below, to enhance their skin lightening claims and functions:
- Porcelain complexion loose powder.
- Day Cream with sun filters.
- Anti-dark Circles.
- Anti-aging Skin Lightening Mask.
This product works by indirectly inhibiting melanin production by inhibiting tyrosinase pathways and production, while also regulating adrenal functions and calcium levels.
What are the Ingredients in Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- Diacetyl Boldine: Is a major component in many skin care products. It is useful in Lumiskin Skin Brightener as it fights skin blemishes like acne and providing skin lightening solutions.
- Crodamol: Is an important ingredient of Lumiskin Skin Brightener that shields the skin of the user from harmful emissions from the sun.
- Lumisphere: Is important in regulating the production of melanin by the skin. It is important in contributing to natural skin shininess.
- Jojoba oil: This ingredient acts as an anti-inflammatory agent, soothing the irritated skin. It can cause some side effects such as rash and allergic reactions.
How To Apply Lumiskin Skin Brightener
As per manufacturer guidelines:
- Lumiskin Skin Brightener must be infused in cosmetics and personal care products that target to deliver skin whitening.
Benefits of Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- Lumiskin Skin Brightener has been developed by one of the world’s largest and well-reputed cosmetics ingredients labs, Sederma.
- Based on an independent study conducted in relation to the potency of Lumiskin Skin Brightener, the researcher noted how DAB caused 25 per cent improvement in dark spots after only 2 months of continued application of this proprietary ingredient.
Disadvantages of Lumiskin Skin Brightener
- The ingredient may have to undergo further independent efficacy studies.
- The manufacturer does not make detailed information about Lumiskin Skin Brightener widely available, although detailed documents are available by request.
- This product contains several ingredients that have the potential to cause your skin to become reactive and inflamed.
- Contains fragrance which some may find awkward due to various oils.
Does Lumiskin Skin Brightener Have Any Side Effects?
Based on professional recommendations, Lumiskin Skin Brightener must not be taken under the following circumstance to avoid negative side effects:
- User is below 18, pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Taking medications or supplementation that may include citric acid, calcium carbonate and aluminum hydroxide, among others.
- User has open wounds.
Final Verdict: Lumiskin Skin Brightener Skin Brightener
Lumiskin Skin Brightener is based on intensive R&D work but there are other factors that will affect its potency when added to your skin lightening products. On your part, it is best to obtain this ingredient from commercial products and not in its pure form.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.