LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser: Does It Work?
The most recent ban on potentially harmful ingredients in cosmetics and skincare was issued in late 2015 by no less than US President Barack Obama himself. Through the passage into law of the Microbead-Free Waters Act, hair products, toothpaste, and facial scrubs which often contain tiny plastics or microbeads, are now banned for manufacture and marketing in the US.
Owing to the growing global concern over the use of synthetics in skincare and cosmetics, there has been a renewed consumer interest and preference for all natural and all organic. LUSH, one of the leading global brands that claim to use only the freshest ingredients derived from nature, have always known what others are only beginning to find out — that natural is best for you.
About LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser, an all natural facial wash, sells for $31.95 for 8.4 oz. jar. If you haven’t tried powdered charcoal based products before, don’t be surprised to open up to a jar filled with black powder. This is because this product is made from the skin goodness of black sugar and rhassoul mud that gently exfoliate and cleanse skin, combined with charcoal, this product leaves your skin softer, smoother and more radiant.
Manufacturer Information and its Claims about LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser
LUSH was founded by hair and beauty health therapists based in England — Mark Constantine and Leiz Weir. Their passion for beauty, fused with their advocacy for using only the freshest, most natural ingredients motivated them to set up their very own beauty kitchen where they handmade every beauty product which they also sold.
When The Body Shop started to make a name, the LUSH founders marketed their products to The Body Shop and eventually became its largest supplier. Eventually, their formulations were purchased by The Body Shop which came with a non-compete clause that was in effect for five years. Once the ban was lifted, Mark and Liz, together with three new partners, decided to continue formulating all natural, handmade beauty products again. The LUSH as we know it today, came into being and now operates over 210 shops in North America alone.
With LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser, the company promises to surface your youthful skin without stripping off your skin’s natural oils.
How Does LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Work?
Clean, clear, exfoliate and moisturize your skin in one action with LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser. The powdered charcoal and black sugar gently exfoliates skin. The product quickly follows through with the deep cleansing benefits of Rhassoul mud, and the deep moisturizing benefits of cold pressed avocado oil and vegetable-based glycerin.
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Ingredients
The natural ingredients include:
- Rhassoul Mud. A clay exclusively found and mined in the Atlas Mountains of Morocco. It has been found to have deep cleansing qualities, helps skin excrete excess oil and controls oil production.
- Cold presed organic avocado oil (Persea americana). This ingredient is packed with natural fruit oils and a great source of unsaturated fatty acids. Avocado oil has also been found to help lighten and resurface skin damaged by acne marks and scars. It also protects skin from UV rays.
- Glycerine. The product uses only glycerin that has been derived from vegetable sources. It is a water-based humectant that helps restore skin moisture
- Powdered Charcoal. Made from burnt wood, LUSH only sources its charcoal from Dorset in England, where charcoal making is made from sustainable practices only. Charcoal is known to absorb excess oils from your skin.
- Sandalwood Oil (Santalum austro-caledonicum viell and Fusanus spicatus). It has natural antiseptic and skin toning properties that prevents skin irritation and minimizes your pores.
- Rosewood oil (Aniba rosaeodora). It has natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties. The aroma of which is also soothing to the senses and is believed to help counter depression.
- Linalool and Farnesol. Act as the natural based fragrances for the product.
The synthetic ingredients include:
- Black sugar. Works alongside powdered charcoal to exfoliate skin and eliminate dead skin cells.
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate. Acts as a skin conditioning and foaming agent. It is also added to help stabilize product consistency.
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Benefits
- Product made mostly from natural ingredients
- Not tested on animals
- All ingredients have been mindfully sourced based on ethical considerations
- Deeply cleanses and moisturizes skin without stripping skin of natural oils
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Drawbacks
Product always has to be purchased fresh and used up immediately as it does not contain preservatives.
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Dosage Instructions
Wet face with lukewarm water. Combine a small part of LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser with warm water. Massage on face and body. Rinse and pat dry. Best followed through with a LUSH moisturizer.
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Precautions
For external use only. Do not use product beyond expiry date.
LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser Side Effects
- Linalool, a fragrance, may cause irritation to people with hypersensitivity to this ingredient.
- Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate can be an agent of cancer when contaminated with nitrosinamine, which is known to cause cancer.
Who can use LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser?
Best for people below 30 who have young skin and who are trying to rid their skin of excess oils.
The product has received numerous rave reviews. Knowing that you’re purchasing the natural and fresh ingredients that LUSH Dark Angels Facial Cleanser is forumulated with, you can rave some more for supporting ethical trading.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Facial Cleansers formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Facial Cleansers
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."