MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder: Does It Work?
From blush to bronzers, to colorful eyeliners and iridescent lipsticks – Girl, don’t we all love makeup! If you have been wearing makeup long and regularly enough, you must already know that makeup will never work to its full potential if you do not have a sheer, nice canvas to begin with.
About MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder
MAC knows that different skin types need different kinds of makeup. MAC created the Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder most especially to suit the need of oily skin types to regulate and control oil. In fact, even if you are not the oily skin type, this product will still work wonders for your skin because applying makeup stimulates the skin to secrete more oils as your skin becomes coated with layers upon layers of makeup.
This ultra lightweight loose powder is formulated to give you sheer coverage that makes it perfect worn on its own or on top of a light foundation or any tinted moisturizer, CC Cream or BB Cream. It helps set up your skin for a makeup session that is truly pleasurable for you and which is primed for best results. MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder is infused with ingredients that give your skin a noticeable and yet very subtle shimmer that causes your skin to radiate with a natural glow.
Wear makeup and show off your skin at the same time with a semi-matte finish only with MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder. It is highly oil and moisture absorbent so you can keep your skin smoothly textured throughout the day without accumulating oil and shine on your face.
MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder is available in 8 shades, as follows in the following order, that is, from light (pearl white) to dark (coffee brown): NC 05, NC 20, NC 35, NC 42, NC 43, NC 45, NC 50, NC 55.
Ingredients in MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder
- Talc and Polyperfluoromethylisopropyl Ether, oil and moisture control
- Calcium Stearate, colorant
- Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitamin E derivative; skin conditioning agent and antioxidant
- Ascorbyl Palmitate, Vitamin C derivative; skin conditioning agent and antioxidant
- Lecithin, moisturizer and emulsifier
- Lauroyl Lysine, skin conditioning agent and product stabilizer and texturizer
- Polymethyl Methacrylate, skin filler and product lubricant
- Ethylene / Methacrylate Copolymer, binder and product stabilizer
- Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, product pigmentation
- Tetrasodium EDTA, promotes product stability; preservative
- Potassium Sorbate, preservative
- Chlorphenesin, preservative and antimicrobial
This product may also contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), (CI 77891), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)
MAC is a brand that was born right off the New York City apartment kitchen of its visionary founders, Frank Toskan and Frank Angelo, who melted and mixed makeup waxes that became the forerunners of the MAC that we know today. In 1998, after three years of partial ownership by the Estée Lauder Companies, the group acquired full control of MAC, and has since become a globally renowned cosmetics company that caters to the needs of everyday makeup users and professional makeup artists alike.
Apart from its products, MAC, like other Estée Lauder Companies are known for, has supported social causes throughout the years. The brand is most especially known for its MAC AIDS Fund, from which an estimated $400 million have already been donated by MAC and its clients to fund HIV and AIDS programs around the world. Funds for this cause are raised and channeled from the sales of particular MAC products, and regularly throught the Viva Glam line, which several music artists and other celebrities have supported, including Miley Cyrus, Mary J Blige, Pamela Anderson, Sir Elton John, and most recently, Ariana Grande.
How is MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder Used
On hot, humid days, perfect your skin with MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder. It lets your skin breathe better and yet still retain its glorious, beautiful texture despite the weather.
On cooler days or, if you will be staying indoors, MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder can be perfectly worn as a topper for your foundation or any skin smoothening or tinted creams.
To apply, let out a little amount of the product at the back of the jar cover or at the back of your hand. Bounce a broad makeup brush on the powder, turn the brush upside down and give it a quick tap before applying it lightly on your face. Don’t press down.
The Price Range of MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder
Every 0.28 oz. jar retails for $26.
Is MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder Safe?
Apart from some reports of skin irritations concerning some of this product’s ingredients, no ingredient has been reported for high hazard concerns.
MAC Cosmetics Sheer / Loose Powder is a versatile makeup addition to your stash. Do try to get hold of this product most especially if you have oily to combination skin.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Wrinkle Creams
Dermatologist Recommendations for Maintaining Younger, Healthier, Vibrant Looking Skin:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to your neck and hands while applying the product(s) you choose, as these areas reflect your age;
- Always use sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor (SPF) of at least 15;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day.