Magic Eye Rescue Eye Cream Review: Does it Deliver Results?
Magic Eye Rescue Eye Cream is produced by Charlotte Tilbury, a professional makeup artist from London whose products are sold internationally. The product uses a range of botanical compounds to support a healthy appearance for the skin around the eyes, which are of course prone to darkening, wrinkling and other effects that may be considered unattractive. It is sold in 0.5 ounce/15mL containers, which are sold for $60 each. If you purchase through Charlotte Tilbury’s website, you can return unused items for a full refund within thirty days. Other retailers stock the product as well, and their return policies and prices may vary – be sure to shop around for the arrangement that fits your needs.
Tilbury provides quite a bit of information on the active ingredients in Magic Eye Rescue Eye Cream, and also cites some clinical studies for its effects. While the exact amount in each jar of cream is not noted, the listed active ingredients are:
- Botanical Eye Contour Complex: A proprietary blend of plant peptides and yeast proteins
- Saccharide Isomerate: A water-absorbing molecule
- Winter Daphne stem cell extract: Compounds derived from the stem cells of sea plants
- Retinol: A derivative of Vitamin A widely used for skin support
- Red algae marigel: a mineral-rich compound derived from algae sources
- BioNymph Peptide: A proprietary compound which may have antioxidant and skin nourishing effects
- Coconut oil: A natural lipid from coconuts
- Shea Butter: A buttery fat derived from a nut grown in Africa
Tilbury recommends applying the product from the top of the cheekbones with a gentle, circular tapping motion to help reduce puffiness. No exact frequency of use is suggested, although many of the ingredients are claimed to be particularly beneficial when used regularly over the long term.
- The product was developed by a professional makeup artist
- Natural ingredients
- Clinical research is referenced
- Attractive and easy to use website
- User testimonials
- Ingredients are clearly listed and described
- Price is on the high end
- Referenced studies were not listed in detail
- No information on exact amount of various compounds
- Several of the ingredients are not clearly described
Magic Eye Rescue Eye Cream is made by professionals and appears to be of high quality, as well as being available both through direct order and in many shops. However, while Tilbury refers to scientific studies of its effectiveness, no link to those studies is provided. In addition, the cost may be quite high if you expect to use it frequently.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective eye cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Eye Creams
Also Remember These Dermatologist Recommended Important Tips:
- Age has nothing to do with the lines that appear on the corners of your eyes... it's a combination of heredity and careless abuse of the area.
- Skin is skin... it all needs to be cared for in one way or another. For my younger readers, this means not pulling on the skin when removing eye makeup.
- The eye area is prone to fine lines and wrinkles, so it is really important not over-work the area, squint, and stay away from smokey rooms. Your eyes won't like that either.
- One of the best ways to protect this area of your face is to put on a pair of sunglasses every single time you go outside spring, summer, fall and winter.
- There are very few oil glands in the eye area, so it can dry out very quickly, especially if you spend a great deal of time out of doors.
- When you chose an eye cream, be sure to choose one that is especially formulated for this delicate skin. Don't use a day cream that could be full of ingredients that will irritate this area. Too rich a cream can cause as many problems as ignoring the area.