Best Makeup Tips For Downturned Eyes You Probably Have’nt Tried Yet
High cheekbones, long eyelashes, heart-shaped lips — everybody’s got an ideal set of standards when it comes to what’s beautiful. Just like when it comes to skin color, the caucasians like it tan while the Asians like it fair and flawless white. Are downturned eyes attractive? However, way you answer will be highly subjective. If you’re the one with this type of eye shape, however, you need to feel helpless if you don’t like the way your eyes are slanting downwards because there are easy ways to use makeup for downturned eyes.
What Are Downturned Eyes?
Marilyn Monroe, Eva Green, and Katy Perry are just three of the most gorgeous celebrities with downturned eyes. That leaves no doubt that you don’t have to make yourself suffer thinking always that you got an ugly pair of eyes.
How Do You Know What Eye Shape You Have? Here are five of the most common types of eye shape to give you a quick guide:
1. Almond eyes. These are perhaps the most evenly structured, most proportional set of eyes. With almond eyes, correcting your eye shape is never necessary. Celebrities that have almond eyes include Jennifer Garner and Angelina Jolie.
2. Deep Set Eyes. These are dreamy looking eyes and generally do not need any special treatment either, except when brighter, more opened up eye area is desired. Taylor Swift and Penelope Cruz are two great looking celebrities who own this particular eye set.
3. Monolid Eyes. When your eyelids are not defined by a crease, you can benefit from learning makeup techniques that create a gradient on your eyes, such as this Cranberry Eye Makeup Tutorial. Those who have a Chinese descent or predominantly Chinese features, like Michelle Yeoh and Sandra Oh, will normally have monolid eyes.
4. Protruding Eyes. These are eyes that appear larger than normal. If you have eyes like those of Dakota Fanning and Nicole Richie, you will benefit from learning how to apply smokey eye makeup. This eye makeup creates an illusion of deep set eyes which counters the enlarged appearance of protruding eyes in the same way that smokey eye application techniques also serve as makeup tips for downturned eyes.
5. Downturned Eyes. When you have eyes that slightly slant down on the outer corners of your eyes, you need to learn makeup for downturned eyes. Downturned eyes makeup tutorial will help you level off your inner and outer eye areas to relieve your eyes of the naturally sad, sleepy features of downturned eyes.
Related: How To Choose The Eye Cream That Is Perfect For Your Eyes?
How To Apply Makeup According to Eye Shape: Downturned Eyes
You don’t really require expensive, top liquid eyeliners to pull off an eye brightening makeup to improve the appearance of your downturned eyes. Here is a simple 7-Step Downturned Eyes Makeup Tips that you can follow every single day:
Step 1: Start with a clean, clear and fresh canvas.
Take the time to rid skin around your eyes of impurities, including product residues. Use a cleanser and toner that best suits your skin types. Clearing your eye skin alone will instantly brighten your eyes.
Step 2: Treat your eye skin.
There are instant and long-term reasons why eye cream is important. A good product will cause your eye skin to become plumper, practically smoothening out fine lines and wrinkles to give your eyes a refreshed appearance. Over the longer-term, a well-formulated eye cream should also make your delicate eye skin thicker, appear youthful, and more resilient to damage and aging. Keeping your eyes treated is also one way to reduce puffy eyes.
Step 3: Correct and Conceal.
Even out your eye skin tone using the right combination of shades from your foundation and concealer. Use concealer shades that will help neutralize the imperfect spots and patches on skin around your eyes. Getting this step right should already give you eyes that are brighter, appear livelier, and more opened up.
Step 4: Wing your eye lines.
Winged corners using no smuldge eyeliner for downturned eyes will be your key companion in giving those downward sloping eye shapes an instant lift — no surgery necessary. To create a winged eye line that works for your downturned eyes, simply line your bottom eyelids starting from the middle part then lining up towards the corner of your eyes. Once done, run your eyeliner over either the half or the entire length of your upper eyelids to meet the line you drew from the bottom eyelid. Fill in the triangle that forms on the outer corner of your eyes.
Step 5: Use eyeshadow to lift your eyes some more.
How to apply eyeshadow to downturned eyes? Create a gradient with upwards stroke for an even more improved eye definition. For day time wear, stick to nude mattes. For night time makeup, you can follow smokey eyes to create a superb definition and upward sloping corners for your eyes.
Step 6: Use a highlighter.
Draw attention away from the hanging edges of your downturned eyes by applying bright highlighter to the inner part of your eyes. One technique that you can follow for either daytime or nighttime makeup wear is to use highlighter from a fourth up to a half of your upper eyelid then, leave your eyeshadow to cover the rest of your eyes towards the outer corners.
Step 7: Curl up your eyelashes.
Take the time to define your eyelashes. However, because you have downturned eyes that already look sad and tired, don’t aggravate further by making your eyelashes appear full, thick, and heavy. Apply just the right amount of mascara to define but not exactly to volumize your eyelashes. If you already have long and thick eyelashes, you might want to opt to wear just a colorless lash primer instead.
Downturned eyes can be the greatest looking eyes you could ever wear — after all, they’re yours and they’re irreplaceable. All it takes is just a quick mastery of the makeup techniques that will help you wear your downturned eyes brighter, lighter, and happier.