Mama Bee Belly Butter Stretch Mark:Ingredients, Side Effects, Detailed Review And More.
What is Mama Bee Belly Butter?
Using a combination of cocoa, shea, and jojoba butters, Mama Bee Belly Butter claims to nourish and hydrate the skin around a baby bump as it stretches during pregnancy. Unlike most other products of the same nature, this one does not market itself as a stretch mark cream, though many reviewers on Amazon.com gave it five stars for its ability to keep skin soft and free of marks. Mama Bee Belly Butter is a cream developed by Burt’s Bees, a company that prides itself on using all-natural ingredients, recyclable packaging, and high standards of free trade and working conditions. The price for a 6.5oz jar on the manufacturer’s website is $13. The price was more on various shopping sites, including Amazon.
Mama Bee Belly Butter is rubbed on to areas that are vulnerable to stretch marks, including the belly and breasts. Its key moisturizing ingredients are cocoa, jojoba and shea butters, the last of which is considered its featured ingredient because it is known to protect against environmental aging and improve the skin’s elasticity. Many experts believe that stretch marks are less likely to occur if the skin is hydrated and well moisturized.
What are the Ingredients in Mama Bee Belly Butter?
Mama Bee Belly Butter contains the following ingredients:
- Glycerin: It may help skin retain moisture while reducing inflammation. It is also used to moisture on your skin.
- Shea Butter: These is for soothing, nourishing and moisturizing skin so that it will return to its natural, healthy state after treatment. It also reduces skin Inflammation.However it causes Itchy rashes on skin.
- Phenoxyethanol: Phenoxyethanol is used as an anti-bacterial in cosmetics as well as a stabilizer in perfume.
- Lactic Acid: Lactic acid is one of the most popular alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) in skin care today, marketed as a ingredient that helps reduce acne breakouts and the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging.
How To Apply Mama Bee Belly Butter?
- Mama Bee Belly Butter should be applied daily on areas that are prone to stretch marks, including the belly and breasts.
- It should be carefully wiped off of the breasts prior to nursing.
Advantages of Mama Bee Belly Butter
- This product is reasonably priced at $13 for a 6.5 ounce jar.
- It is not test on animals and uses recyclable packaging.
- Burt’s Bees FAQ page is extensive and explains why it uses certain ingredients
- This product reduces skin Inflammation but it may cause rash on skin.
Drawbacks of Mama Bee Belly Butter
- Information about clinical studies and trials not available on the manufacturer’s website.
- Not all of Burt’s Bees products are vegan and some may contain gluten.
- This product contains a light fragrance that some may not like.
- This product is not marketed as a stretch mark cream, but as a cream that can keep stretch mark-prone skin hydrated and moisturized.
Final Verdict : Mama Bee Belly Butter Stretch Mark
It is important to remember that Burt’s Bees does not market this product as one that will reduce the appearance of stretch marks. Its sole claim is that it can hydrate and nourish skin using three ingredients that have long been known for their moisturizing properties: cocoa, shea, and jojoba butters. Clinical studies and trials are not available on the manufacturer’s website and one has to visit Amazon.com and other shopping websites to read user testimonials. Most of the reviews of this cream are consistent. Many women have found it to be nourishing and some have stated that they have not developed stretch marks while pregnant and using this product. It is less pricey than most creams, at $13 for a 6.5 ounce jar. It would be helpful to receive more detailed information on the company’s website about its other ingredients and whether this is a vegan product. Overall, a lack of information about this product is frustrating, but its active ingredients are reliable and the price is reasonable.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Stretch Mark formulations on the market in our opinion: