Mario Badescu Seaweed Cleansing Lotion Review: Does It Give Results?
Mario Badescu Skin Care Seaweed Cleansing Lotion, US $15 for 8 oz., acts as a toner but, unlike most toners, is formulated in a lotion form. The primary ingredient is witch hazel, which draws out impurities in your pores. When combined with other nutrients, this product also delivers protective and skin healing properties that benefits your skin instantly and over the longer term.
Mario Badescu is a product line borne out of the vision of a New York spa owner committed to delivering the finest formulations to enhance beauty in your skin.
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice: Well-known for its natural skin healing enhancing properties, aloe also improves your skin’s protective surface layers, speeding up the rebuilding process which makes it better resistant to damage and irritation.
- Propylene Glycol: Used as the primary delivery ingredient in the formulation, enhancing and speeding up skin absorption of beneficial product ingredients as it also acts as a powerful humectant that rehydrates skin and keeps moisture locked within
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Leaf Extract: Has the natural capability of drawing impurities blocking your pores, functions to rid your skin of infection-causing debris, relieves and brightens skin blemishes, and improves the appearance of blotchy skin
- Fucus Vesiculosus Extract: Contains loads of beneficial substances and nutrients that include protective antioxidants, skin synthesis enhancing amino acids, energy-releasing polysaccharides, and nourishment enhancing vitamins and minerals which, together, act to restore skin health and beauty
- Caprylyl Glycol: Conditions skin and helps restore normal hydration levels; also, improves product shelf-life
Mario Badescu Skin Care Seaweed Cleansing Lotion is recommended for twice daily use, once in the morning and once again at night. Apply product by wetting a cotton ball and smoothening the product across your face in upward strokes, following a gentle cleanse and succeeding your moisturizer.
- Product contains a complex combination of ingredients designed to provide both short-term and longer-term benefits for your skin
- Product contains ingredients such as seaweed and aloe extracts which calms and relieves your skin from irritation and inflammation, functions that, in turn, enhances your skin’s resilience agains developing signs of skin aging
- Made specifically for dry and combination skin
- Product contains natural and artificial fragrances, one of three categories of highly irritating ingredients in skincare which significantly increases your skin’s risk of becoming inflamed, most especially if you have sensitive or problematic skin
- Product uses phenoxyethanol as a preservative which, with long-term use, can possibly accumulate in your body and, when it reaches toxic levels, can cause adverse affects to your nervous system
- Several consumer reviews have pointed out to the drying effects of the product and possibility of worsening breakouts among people with sensitive skin
Mario Badescu Skin Care Seaweed Cleansing Lotion contains ingredients with clear potential to provide instant and longer-lasting benefits for your skin but, its lineup isn’t robust enough to make skin visibly improve in health. When you feel that your skin deserves more, you need more research to get exactly what you’re looking for.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective Toner formulations on the market in our opinion:
Our Top Toner Choices
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Results may vary. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purposes only. No medical claims are implied in this content, and the information herein is not intended be used for self diagnosis or self trealment of any condition.
Disclosure of Material Connection: Some of the links in the post above are "associate sales links." This means if you click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials."