Mavala: Does Mavala Work?
Mavala Eye-Lite Double Lash – Overview
The Mavala company which is based in Geneva, Switzerland, is internationally known mainly for its superior nail care products. However, they also produce a number of skin care and beauty treatments including the Double Lash eyelash enhancer.
Despite being a reputable company that has been in business for 40 years, there is very little information to be found about their products on the internet and the official Mavala website is not particularly professional looking. The information for Double Lash is very brief and the site contains no FAQ section or customer testimonials. Although all Mavala’s products go through rigorous laboratory testing, no results are shown for Double Lash, which is designed to lengthen, strengthen and condition the lashes.
Mavala – Product Description
Double Lash is a combination of natural, multi-protein ingredients and a full list is provided. Unfortunately, most of the ingredients are unfamiliar (such as serum protein and horse tissue extract) and would benefit from an explanation describing exactly what they do to help the eyelashes. Unlike most eyelash enhancers which are applied to the base of the lash line, Double Lash is actually applied in the same way as mascara and should be used after removing make-up at night. The manufacturers claim that within 3-4 weeks, users will experience longer, fuller and brighter lashes that are free of ‘fly-aways’ and split-ends, and less likely to break. No mention is made of whether the customer must use the product periodically for maintenance.
Mavala – Advantage
- Mavala is an established Swiss company
- Double Lash is easy to apply with a mascara-like wand
- All Mavala products are laboratory tested
- The product is non-toxic and safe to use around the eyes
- Double Lash is inexpensive
Mavala – Drawbacks
- The Mavala website is confusing and uninformative
- No clinical trial results are provided
- The ingredients in Double Lash are unfamiliar
- No ‘before and after’ pictures are shown
- The website contains no FAQ section
- The company provides no free trial or apparent money-back guarantees
Mavala – The Bottom Line
Despite being in business for 40 years, Mavala is not a widely known brand of skin care and beauty products. Mavala’s Double Lash is much less expensive than comparable brands, costing approximately $16.00 per bottle leading me to believe that the product contains nothing of value for lengthening eyelashes. I would not take a chance on unproven, little known ingredients when there are better alternatives on the market.
Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day