MD Lash Factor: Does MD Lash Factor Work?
MD Lash Factor – Overview
The foundation for MD Lash Factor was built in combining the forces of an innovative “image healer” and board licensed Obstetrician and Gynecologist, Dr. Susan Lin with a brand like PhotoMedex’s Procyte, which has over twenty years experience in developing “physician dispensed cosmeceuticals”. The Philadelphia-based Procyte Corporation, which was purchased by PhotoMedex in 2005, utilizes its biotech specialty to deliver clinically researched skin, hair, wound care and cosmeceutical products based on its patented Copper Peptide technology. With various licensed brands targeting dermatologists, plastic and cosmetic surgeons plus aestheticians at salons and spas, Procyte offers its brands to professionals and companies in the skincare field.
MD Lash Factor.com’s blue and white color scheme with an enormous banner of luscious lashes speaks to Procyte’s biotech focus and Dr. Lin’s commitment to improve self image. The primary horizontal information bar links potential clients to the product information, testimonial and customer service pages. It also links to Dr. Lin’s story which explains her commitment to self image reform, family and Autism prevention and awareness. A disease that has personal impacted the Doctor’s family. The home page also provides links to news stories involving MD Lash Factor, the shopping cart, result photos and resources.
MD Lash Factor – Product Description
The physician formulation of MD Lash Factor suggests noticeable improvements in the appearance of lashes in a week’s time. At $140 per tube, MD Lash Factor’s availability at the main website and at third-party online sellers contradicts the statement on the homepage that the product is “available exclusively from dispensing physicians”. Applied like eyeliner, the MD Lash Factor website provides no ingredient list to explain its claim of such rapid results. A visit to a third-party seller reveals that MD Lash Factor has the following ingredients Biotin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Lactate, Sodium PCA and Sodium Phosphate in addition to Alcohol and several other elements that necessarily seem supportive of lash growth.
Reviews of MD Lash Factor were mostly supportive. While several reviewers remarked on lash improvements after the first week, the majority expressed that longer usage was required for maximum results. Several mentioned some tingling and dry eyes upon application but nothing that resulted in extreme discomfort.
MD Lash Factor – Advantage
- MD Lash Factor has received positive reviews with some users experiencing improvement after one week of use.
- MD Lash Factor is developed by a physician.
MD Lash Factor – Drawbacks
- MD Lash Factor is still as costly as other brands at $140 per tube.
- An ingredient list is not available on the MD Lash Factor website.
- The ingredient list provided by third parties doesn’t suggest the real effective ingredient that supposedly delivers such rapid results.
- The numerous result photos didn’t reveal length of use.
- MD Lash Factor requires continued use after desired eyelash length is reached.
MD Lash Factor – The Bottom Line
On the surface, it is reassuring that MD Lash Factor is developed by a physician. The fact that the physician is a gynecologist and obstetrician with experience in aesthetics and image healing, would cause a more discerning consumer to wonder if these credentials are as suitable in the development of an eyelash product as a cosmetic surgeon or dermatologist. Additionally, with all the focus that MD Lash Factor.com puts on image, innovation, autism and rapid results, it is surprising that an ingredients list and clinical research was omitted from the site. Although MD Lash Factor doesn’t appear to use glaucoma drugs or its derivative to achieve results and contribute five percent of proceeds to autism initiatives, overall MD Lash Factor does not provide a strong incentive for use over other products available.
Our Top Eylash Enhancing ProductsDuring our research, the skin care specialists we consulted provided useful tips that contribute to achieving and maintaining beautiful, healthy eyelashes, including the following:
- Be certain to consistently apply the product(s) you choose in accordance with its directions for use;
- Pay special attention to removing any makeup that you have applied both mascara as well as eye shadow prior to bedtime;
- Eating a healthy diet that contains milk and fish can help strenghten eyelashes;
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day to stay well hydrated;
- Avoid excessive intake of caffeinated and alcoholic beverages, as they may contribute to dehydration and exacerbate the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles; and
- Be sure to get adequate rest every day