Mela-D: Does Mela-D Work?
La Roche Posay, a company focusing on skin types and the powerful mineral potency of its French water source, provides a skincare line that addresses six individual characteristics.
They are defined as follows
- Redermic, representing skin with deep wrinkles and sagginess,
- Effaclar, denoting oily and acne-prone skin,
- Toleriane, describing sensitive and intolerant skin,
- Rosaliac skin, which is reactive and redness-prone,
- Hydraphase for dehydrated skin,
- and Active C, similar to Redermic skin, consisting of lines and wrinkles.
La Roche Posay, which has a unique relationship with over 30,000 dermatologists, recommends that skin types are best determined by consultation. The products, based on the unique concept of Thermal Spring water, are rich in selenium and other antioxidants derived from a source deep within a small French village in the Vienne region. This water and its mineral components are safe from environmental pollutants, resulting in soothing and softening effects with anti-inflammatory properties. The company’s unique formula is capable of treating acne, rosacea, psoriasis, scars and burns.
Mela-D – Product Description
The company offers some products solely through a physician while others are available for retail sale. The website, La Roche-Posay.us lacks extensive company information but provides easy content navigation by skin type or category based on the product’s purpose.
Products developed to heal and soften skin are listed within the Correct/Moisturize category. Specifically to address discoloration or dark spots, La Roche Posay offers several choices. Mela-D Skin Lightening Lotion, which belongs to the aging skin section of the product line, is only available for purchase through a physician. The website’s product page provides a search tool to find a doctor in your area and describes the product’s benefits, purpose, ingredients and directions for adult and child use.
The lotion, which contains sunscreen, gradually fades discoloration using a triple action formula that lightens, exfoliates and protects while it refines pores and moisturizes the skin. The website lists the key ingredients and their main contribution to the product’s overall effectiveness.
While the website did not reflect any customer testimonials, the majority found through third-party websites offered positive feedback.
- The La Roche Posay website is clinical-looking and easy to navigate.
- The website provides membership registration, a clinical resource center and informational videos.
- The Mela-D Skin Lightening Lotion consists of a triple-action formula that lightens, exfoliates and protects.
- The product contains the mineral benefits of its unique thermal spring water formulation.
Mela-D – Drawbacks
- The website does not provide a full list of ingredients for their products.
- On the website, availability of Mela-D Skin Lightening Lotion is restricted to physicians only, but is available for retail purchase on third-party sites with a strong recommendation for a dermatological consultation.
- To get a full history of the company and the basis for its products, information had to be obtained from Anthelios.com, one of the company’s other product sites.
Mela-D – The Bottom Line
La Roche Posay’s Mela-D Skin Lightening Lotion capitalizes on the mineral-rich benefits of thermal spring water to improve the skin’s health and texture while including ingredients designed to lighten, exfoliate and protect the face. While the company provides products online, this skin lightening lotion is available only through a physician’s supervision unless obtained online through a third party. Several online testimonials not linked to La Roche Posay’s website suggest the lotion is effective however, not enough information is available to provide a statistical measure of the results. With the product descriptions and the clinical resource center, La Roche Posay provides everything necessary to make an informed decision.
Skin Brighteners aid in reducing post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation revealing even skin tone. Skin brighteners also can help revitalize tired and dull skin resulting in a youthful, healthy glow.
Below you'll find some of the most effective skin brightening products on the market today, in our opinion.