Mesotherapy As An Anti-Cellulite Treatment
There have been wide ranging criticism on the usefulness of mesotherapy in treating cellulite effectively. The critics amongst the experts appear to be more in number than real advocates of mesotherapy for cellulite.
What Is Mesotherapy?
Apart from using it for treatment of cellulite and skin/fat reduction, mesotherapy procedure is also employed for mesolift, rejuvenation of hair, body sculpting and a few other medical problems such as arthritis, anxiety and for tackling obesity as well.
Mesotherapy can be effectively employed for Treatment of Cellulite and contouring a host of lower/upper limbs such as the hips, thighs, buttocks, abdomen and arms. The procedure is also employed for melting away fat pads, especially in the upper and lower eye lid regions as well as to tone up the skin on the face, chin and the neck areas.
How Does Mesotherapy Work?
This anti-cellulite procedure entails use of multiple microinjections containing small quantities of a special ingredient prepared out of pharmaceutical agents, vitamins, medicinal plant extracts and with a bit homeopathic medicines as well. Once the mesotherapy injection is administered, the injectable ingredient reaches the cellulite-affected fat cells aiming to split and melt away the excessive fat content in the subcutaneous layer.
Every anti-cellulite treatment session involves administration of a series of small injections into the cellulite-affected fat cells forming part of the subcutaneous layer and its connective tissues located beneath the surface of the skin. Depending on the size of the affected area, the number of anti-cellulite treatment sessions can range from six to 10.
Benefits of Mesotherapy as an Anti-Cellulite Treatment
The benefit of mesotherapy evidently lies in the following facts:
- It is not as elaborate a procedure as any cosmetic surgery undertaken for cellulite and may involve very marginal discomfort.
- It is reasonably painless cellulite treatment method without the need for administrating any kind of anesthesia.
- One mesotherapy session for treating cellulite takes about thirty minutes, leaving the patient is as fit and mobile as before.
- As claimed by some manufacturers, mesotherapy do not have many side effects – except for possible bruising that may stay for a week at the most.
- The cellulite reduction is almost permanent – subject to the patient following a regular regimen of healthy diet – as claimed by some providers.
- One treatment of anti-cellulite mesotherapy could cost any amount between US$250 and US$450 depending on the individual providers. The cost also varies in accordance with the size of the cellulite-affected area as well as the number of compound used to make the final ingredient required to be injected.
Is Mesotherapy A Good Anti-Cellulite Treatment?
It should be noted that mesotherapy has not so far been approved by FDA as an approved needle delivery system of Treatment of Cellulite. The procedure does not also seem to have conclusively proved its efficacy in clinical trials on its anti-cellulite role.
In the light of the negative observation of experts and the absence of requisite approval from the FDA, it would seem advisable for a cellulite affected user to undertake a comprehensive market survey to decide the further course of action. In case of any doubt a reference could be made to a specialist doctor to get a recommendation for the best course of action.
Cellulite refers to fat deposits under the surface of the skin giving it a dimpled, irregular appearance. The vast majority of women have cellulite, some estimates are as high as 90 percent. Cellulite is routinely found in the thighs, hips, buttocks, and stomach. Unfortunately, maintaining an optimal body weight, eating healthy, staying active, and even regular exercise may not be enough to combat cellulite.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective cellulite cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.