7 Stunning Gowns Worn By Michelle Obama During the State Dinner
Michelle Obama may be best known as the wife of the first African-American President and the first-ever African-American First Lady alright, but she has major accomplishments under her own belt too. Michelle Obama is an accomplished lawyer and writer, having graduated from the Harvard Law School. With her wits and smarts, she has ably represented the US as the better half of the President.
As Michelle Obama and the President wind down from the White House and state duties, take a look back at 7 of the most memorable, most fashionable gowns the First Lady of the United States (FLOTUS) has worn over the years:
1. Final State Dinner in Versace
FLOTUS and the President received Italian Prime Minister and wife, Agnese Landini, at the white house, which also marked the last state dinner the leaders are hosting. FLOTUS was in a rose gold gown that paid tribute to top Italian designer, Atelier Versace, and the strong-willed woman, Donatella, who has allowed the brand to persist after brother, Gianni’s, murder.
2. Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential People Gala in Michael Kors in 2009. FLOTUS delivered the Opening Remarks in front of 100 of the most powerful men and women, by way of their influence, from around the world, wearing a full-length, sleeveless, black gown with a square-cut chest.
3. State Dinner in Vera Wang in 2015
In a State Dinner held for Chinese President Xi Jinping, FLOTUS wore an off-the-shoulder gown with a layered fishtail. She wore her hair loose over to one side to complete the look.
4. National Governor’s Association Dinner in Peter Soroned in 2009. For the event, FLOTUS chose a homegrown designer from Chicago where she was raised. It was a stunning, glittery column cut gown that truly made her appear smart and elegant. She accented her look with a thick laker of medium-length pearls.
5. State Dinner in Alexander McQueen in 2011
In yet another State Dinner with the former Chinese President Hu Jintao, FLOTUS wore an assymetrical, one shoulder off flowy, printed dress in red orange. The look was simply fiery!
6. Dinner at the Winfield House in Ralph Lauren in 2011. FLOTUS was dazzling with diamonds and was the mark of sophistication in a boat neck, column black dress as she and the President visit Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip.
You May Also Like: Party Perfect Night Look Inspired by Kylie Jenner and Gigi Hadid
7. Inaugural Ball in Jason Wu in 2009
Who could forget Michelle Obama in her first-ever formal dinner as the FLOTUS? She was breathtaking in a white, one-shoulder dress in soft fabric.
These past seven years that Michelle Obama was at the White House, she has been diligently attending to her duties as the First Lady, and the world were all eyes on her — and the stunning, mindful outfits she wore on countless occasions representing the US at home and overseas.