Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel Review: Is It Effective?
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel Description
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel is a two-in-one product, containing a retexturizing swab and a moisture infusion mask, which acts as a gentle resurfacing peel and a moisturizer to induce cell turnover and fill in fine lines and wrinkles. Murad, founded over 25 years ago by Dr. Howard Murad, is designed for skincare professionals to help customers attain beautiful skin. Murad provides a 60-day money-back guarantee.
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel Ingredients
Below is the key ingredient list for both the retexturizing swab and the moisture infusion mask. The full ingredient list can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
- Lactic Acid: An alpha-hydroxy-acid that exfoliates the skin, removes dead cells, and encourages new cell turnover
- Glycolic Acid: Alpha-hydroxy-acid that resurfaces the skin by exfoliating away dead cells
- Hyaluronic Acid: A humectant that can attract and hold 1,000 times its weight in water to provide extreme hydration that can plump the skin to fill in fine lines and wrinkles
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel is used in two stages one to three times per week. Wipe the retexturizing swab all over a freshly cleaned face, then press the sheet mask onto the skin and let sit for 15-20 minutes before removing sheet and patting in excess liquid.
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel Advantages
- Exfoliate skin to remove dead cells to leave skin fresh and radiant
- Moisturize skin to soften, heal, and fill in fine lines and wrinkles
- Money-back guarantee
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel Disadvantages
- No documentation backing the company’s claims of the product’s effectiveness is readily supplied
- While the company provides the ingredient list, it does not provide the ingredient amounts
- The alpha-hydroxy-acids in this formula can potentially cause skin irritation, dryness, and sun sensitivity
Murad Age Reform Hydro-Glow Aqua Peel is a two-in-one anti-aging product that first resurfaces the face by using alpha-hydroxy-acids to stimulate cell turnover for radiance. Next, it restores hydration to soften the skin and smooth out fine lines. While the company is forthcoming with the ingredient list, no study results or documentation proving this ingredient’s effectiveness are readily supplied. Still, many of the ingredients used, such as lactic acid and hyaluronic acid, are well-known and proven anti-aging ingredients. Be wary, though, that the alpha-hydroxy-acids in the swab can cause mild to severe skin irritation, dryness, and discomfort because they resurface by dissolving the bond dead skin cells have to the skin surface. The sheet mask seeks to reverse this with powerful hydration, but without study results, it’s hard to say whether it succeeds. Fortunately, Murad does have a 60-day money-back guarantee. There are many anti-aging treatments and masks available on the market, so please consider all options before making a purchase.
As we age the composition, texture and appearance of our skin changes. Signs of skin aging include wrinkles, fine lines, loss of moisture, uneven tone, and dull, tired-looking skin. There are countless anti-wrinkle creams on the market promising to make skin look and feel younger. Many anti-wrinkle creams promise everything short of a facelift or to provide the much sought after "fountain of youth". In reality most are just moisturizers marketed as anti-aging products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective wrinkle serum/cream formulations on the market today, in our opinion.